↣ Chapter 12

After a few minutes which feel like days, Jayden pull his canines out and licks his newly made mark.

He pulls away and looks at me in the eye. The edges of my eyes are still blacked out and the tears have once again started tumble from my eyes.

The blackness in his eyes melts away into his beautiful ocean pools. He looks at me in shock then I see regret build up in his eyes.

"Crap! Melody, I-I am so sorry." He says just as my legs finally collapse, he catches me instantly and lays me on the bed. I sob into his chest while he rubs my back soothingly.

"I couldn't control him." Jayden says sounding surprised and sorrowful. "I just saw that guy touching you and trying to kiss you and lost it."

I don't reply to him because I don't trust myself right now. I feel like my emotions have turned into a swirling tornado in my mind.

All I know is I want Jayden. Now that he has marked me as his it will be almost impossible to reject our mating bond. Although I have started to slowly accept him.

After a few more hours of crying and Jayden apologising I finally stop my tears. The clock on the bedside table reads 6:58am.

I look up at Jayden who is staring at the opposite wall in deep though, his arms are tightly wrapped around my waist while his fingers draw soothing circles on my hip.

I move slightly in his hold making his eyes move from the wall to me. Seeing that I am not crying he instantly sits up and looks me in the eye.

"How are you feeling?" He asks still gripping me around the waist, but I don't mind. I just want to be near him for now and not just because of the mark, but also because I want to get the other guy out of my mind.

Only Jayden can provide the comfort and protection I am craving.

"I'm okay, I think." I say sheepishly leaning my forehead against the hot skin of his shoulder. My mind is spinning and my neck is still burning.

"Do you have to go?" My heart drops as I ask but my wolf is begging for him to stay by my side after being marked. She is so happy that it's giving me a headache. I smile as Jayden shakes his head.

"No, I've asked for the day off to stay with you. Since I - uh - marked you last night, the pack understands that I want to be with you." He explains scratching the back of his neck.

Part of me wishes to tell him that I forgive him for marking me and that it will all turn out alright. Yet the other part of me is angry at him for marking me without my consent.

Instead I stay quiet and stay leaning against him. He doesn't seem to mind, as I am now marked Jayden and I now have a mind-link but we cannot tell each other's emotions until we mate. We can only communicate.

"Oh by the way, your Doctor wants a meeting with you and I later on today." Jayden speaks up, slicing through the silence.

I frown and lean back to lookup at his face. He gives me a soft smile and rubs my back gently, making me want to purr.

"My doctor?" I question in confusion.

"Yes, the best doctor in the land. I've ordered for him to be your doctor because if anything happens to you I want you in the best hands going." He says pecking my lips softly.