↣ Chapter 22

My head throbs painfully making me wince. My whole body feels numb and sore as I sit on the floor. The floor is cold and damp underneath me and I ache to stand up and finally stretch my legs.

I can feel my arms and ankles are tied down by something. They are sore and my whole body is exhausted. I ache to be in Jayden's arms but I'm not.

Wait, where am I?

My eyes slowly flutter open and I grimace at the bright white light shining on me. I look around at my surrounding with pained eyes. I'm in a cell.

The long silver bars in front of me are thick and intimidating. By the looks of it they were made from silver so I better not touch them. Then again from what I learnt in my old pack the cells are flooded with wolfbane gas to weaken the wolves.

I try to move my hand to my hand but wince when they are caught by something again just before it reaches my forehead. I whip my head around and notice the silver shackles that tie my hands to the wall.

There are more around my ankles that are keeping my down. I quickly look around again for an exit on instinct. Unfortunately I only see the barred cell down that is most certainly locked.

I wince as the sore skin around my wrist and ankles finally reaches the stage where it has started to bleed. The metallic scent makes my nose twist in disgust.

I stand up on wobble legs trying to see my surroundings better. The shackles stop me from moving any further than where I stand. The wrists are straining against the shackles as I try to stay standing.

Pain shoots through my body and soon I can't stay up any longer. I slump to the floor and wince as my head hits the wall.

"I wouldn't even try if I was you." A sullen croaky voice speaks up to my left. I slowly turn my throbbing head towards it.

In between the large bars that keep me caged in, much like a wild animal, is a dirty blood-covered woman. She looks as though she hasn't slept for 3 years.

"They loosen the chains the more they break you." She adds before backing up into a dark corner of her cell. So with no enhanced sight I can't see her anymore.

They loosen the chains the more they break you...

What is this place!? Why am I here?

Last thing I remember was being with Jayden and our parents. Then the lights went off causing a panic. Before I could do anything a strong horrific smell invaded my nostrils before I passed out.

Next thing I know I was chained up in this horrible cell. I don't know where I am or how long I have been out. I wonder what Jayden is doing.

I hope he is looking for me and I hope he is close to figuring out where I am. I haven't been awake long and I can already feel the panic rolling in like a rollercoaster at full speed.

I can feel my heart beat getting faster and faster. Sweat has started to form on my forehead and my skin itches to be let free from the silver chains.

Before I can start to shout or scream I hear a set of keys turning in a door. I whip around and see a large man at the entrance of my cell.