↣ Chapter 15

First thing I notice when conscious finds me is that I can't move my legs at all. My eyes are still shut but I'm too scared to open them, what if they had to amputate my leg?!

"Melody." Jayden's soft voice floats into my ear and I instantly feel my muscles relaxing one by one. He is here which means I'm safe.

"Jayden." I cry out then feel his hand grip mine tightly. I squeeze his giant hand and start to cry, the tears couldn't be held in. Not any longer.

"It's okay love. You're okay." Jayden comforts and I feel his warm lips press against my knuckles.

"I want my mom." I cry, allowing the sobs to ricochet through my body. "I want my mom, please Jayden. I want my mom."

I sound like a 5 year old kid who is scared of the dark and is calling her mom to save her. I want my mom right now because I'm scared and because I miss her.

I miss my dad. I miss my brothers. I miss my home.

"Calm down babe, everything will be alright." He whispers comfortingly in my ear as I sob. His arms are securely around my waist now as he comforts me.

A knock on the door breaks me from my thoughts, my eyes instantly snap open and the first thing I see is a blue blanket wrapped tightly around my body.

I can't see my leg but I can tell there must be a cast or something on it by the way the blue blanket bumps up. Thank goodness. One of my arms is wrapped into the blanket while the other lays at my side and my hand being held by Jayden's significantly larger one.

I nod at Jayden as he calls to the person on the other side of the door. I grip his hand tighter as he stands up, I don't want him to leave me. Not now.

The door opens and in comes a middle aged man wearing deep blue scrubs and a white doctors jacket. He also has a stethoscope wrapped around his neck and a clip board in his hand.

"Hello Melody, how are you feeling this morning?" He asks standing at the edge of my bed, I watch as he hangs the clipboard on the rail at the end of my bed.

"I can't move my leg." I say staring at him as he watches me carefully. I can feel Jayden's eyes moving from me to the doctor.

"Yes," he nods "your leg has been bandaged up and strapped down for more efficient healing. you've been asleep for almost half the day so I reckon your pretty much healed by now."

I nod as he explains then he throws the blue blanket off my lower leg revealing the heavy weighted cast. He examines it for a few silent seconds before speaking again.

"Lets open it up shall we!"

20 minutes later I am opened to what lives beneath the white cast and, to my surprise, it's not too bad. My ankle is slightly swelled and bruised, you can see where the teeth of the trap bite into my skin but the wounds have turned into slight cuts.

"How has it healed so fast?" I ask still starring at my ankle and I move my hand to touch it but Jayden grabs it before I can. He growls at me, getting my attention, before shaking his head.

"Well Luna, you were given some of Alphas royal blood. Given that royal alpha blood is stronger than any normal werewolf you healed much faster and the results will be much better." The doctor speaks up and my eyes go straight from the doctor to Jayden.