↣ Chapter 17

The clouds have risen once more and the sky has decided to play hide and seek. The clouds open up and allow the rain to fall down on Jayden and I.

We were having a nice walk to his parents indoor gardens but the rain decided it wanted us to hurry up.

I pull the thin coat over my head as my attempt to keep my hair from getting dry. But the rain will always find its way in.

The garden doors are finally in reach and Jayden and I burst into them as quickly as we can. We both let out a few deep breathes of relief at the instant warmth of which the gardens behold.

I look around at the greenery of the gardens and smile. Flowers of all sorts are splattered around, living amongst bushes and trees.

I finally realise that the King, Queen, Jay's Beta and his pregnant mate are sitting on a picnic bench in the middle of the gardens.

"Hey!" Jayden waves over at his smiling parents, he takes my hand and walks us both over to where his parents are sitting.

My stomach is fluttering with nerves as I watch his parents standing up to greet us. My eyes glance over at the Beta Asher whom is smiling at Jayden and I with his arm tightly wrapped around a beautiful woman. I guess that is Willow.

"Mom!" Jay greets hugging the short thin woman that looks exactly like him; he takes after his mom then. I watch as he turns around and gives his father a man hug.

Then he turns to  me and wraps his arm around my waist, he shuffles me forward slightly and I smile at his parents. Even though I've met them briefly before it is still nerve-racking.

"Hey!" I greet just before I'm pulled in for a hug by Kate, I instantly return the warm hug and enjoy the familiar feeling of a mom hug.

I miss my mom.

"How are you Melody?" King Russell asks as I pull away from Kate's hug.

"I'm.."

What am I? Am I happy? I glance at Jayden who is grinning down at me. I'm happy when I'm with Jayden but I feel like something is missing. Family, more importantly my family.

"...fine" I reply with a smile as I push away the negative thoughts cramming my head.

"Come sit down; you must be starving." Kate says putting a shoulder around me and leading me over to the picnic table where Asher and Willow have stayed seated.

"Hey Melody, nice to finally meet you." Asher speaks up finally, he stands up and walks over to give me a hug. As he hugs me I hear the slight quiet growl escape Jayden's mouth making me giggle.

"Yes it's good to meet you!" I reply glancing from him to Jayden who has sat down opposite Willow.

"I know its been a long time coming but you've been busy with training and Jayden then I've been off duties since you got back to help sort out Willow. The baby was a surprise, one we are glad for but it's also one we weren't ready for." Asher says leading me to the picnic table where everyone is already seated.

I leave Asher and take a seat next to Jayden, he greets me with a quick kiss on the forehead before proceeding to chat with Asher. I look over at Willow and notice she is smiling at me.