↣ Chapter 28

Everything was in slow motion. I could feel the tension of the room as the bullet flies around the room towards it victim.

Me.

I look to Jayden who is trying to get to me but he's too slow. The bullet is in the lead. I never imagined this is how my life would be.

Standing here looking at the man I love when being so close to dying. I don't want to die.

No I don't.

I have a pack to live for. I have a family to live for. I have a mate to live for.

Jayden needs me just like I would need him. I can't just leave him, not now. Not when we are just starting our lives together.

I mean for goodness sake I was taken the day after we fully mated. I haven't gotten to enjoy a life with my mate after finally committing to him.

I won't leave him. I want to grow old with him and laugh about the good old days. I want us to be old and wrinkly, sitting in rocking chairs side by side and talking from sunrise to sunset.

I want us to have a family. I want to watch Jayden as he sees his first child being born. Or the first time our child takes its first step. I want to watch him being called daddy by our kids.

I want us to build our life together. I want us to run the pack and the kingdom together. We will make it a better and safer place. We would be fair and kind.

I want us to have time together away from the castle. Maybe in our own beach house somewhere where we would go every chance we got for a break.

I want to go to sleep every night in his arms. I want to wake up to his soft kisses on my head as he whispers good morning to me.

I am not going to give up on the world or Jayden because of an old man who thinks testing on supernatural human beings  is the right way to go.

He thinks torturing us is right and therefore is would help the human race. They didn't care what happens to us.

James is still smirking as the bullet is closing in on me. I have to make my decision and fast.

Do I give up and let myself die or shall I fight my way out of this and live.

There is only one right answer.

I want to live.

I quickly dive to the side allowing the bullet to pass me and hit the wall behind me. Everything goes back to normal and Jayden grabs me as soon as he reaches me.

"Are you ok?" He says just before another gunshot rings through the corridor making me jump in fright.

I turn just in time to watch James lifeless body fall to the floor. I look up to see the warrior that shot him bowing to Jayden and I.

"Melody!" Jayden urges and I turn to him instantly. As soon as our eyes meet I jump on him and pull him into the tightest hug.

"I love you Jayden. So much." I whisper in his ear as his arms wrap around me in our embrace.

"I love you too Melody. I'm so glad you're alive." He says pulling away from the hug to peck my lips.