↣ Chapter 8

Time goes by quickly for rest of my time left here. It teases me. The clock strikes quarter to 1 and my heart drops.

The wind blows against my long hair as I sit on the bench on the back porch. I watch the people running around, laughing and training.

I smile as memories of James and I training flash across my eyes. My favourite being the day I finally beat him in a fight. He whined about it for weeks so I kept teasing him.

"Melody." My parents appear from the back door with dad smiles on their faces. I let myself smile as they sit down either side of me.

The sun is high is the sky now but the grey clouds are moving in. It's storm season here, so that means clouds and rain most days.

This is my favourite season, the wind bartering against my windows and the thunder cracking in the distance. Going for a run in the pouring rain, Keith it soak through my fur and awaken my senses.

"You okay sweetie?" My father speaks up disrupting the silence in the air.

"I-I think so." I say with a sigh "everything is changing so fast."

"I know sweetheart." My mom says giving me a hug. "I felt the same way when I met your father, I was confused."

"I know you've told me." I say trying not to roll my eyes "Bur you didn't have any parents or people; you came here to go to school so you were living with father anyways. I'm moving away. Also you knew you had a mate mom, I have never believed I do. My brain is hurting, it's all too much."

My parents look at me in sympathy and I hate it, I hate being the centre of attention of being sympathized.

"It'll be fine Melody," my father says smiling down at me "from what I've seen Jayden is a great fella, he seems to care about you and he's trying really hard for you. But your life is going to be different now. Jayden is going to be Alpha King as soon as you are mated, and you shall be Luna Queen."

Oh crap. Luna Queen! I'd forgotten about that.

"Alpha. Luna." A guard appears on the porch by the door, I instantly get to my feet and my parents follow suite. "The King and Queen request your presence along with Miss Melody; they are in the main lobby."

I look at my mom who gives me a smile and puts an arm around my shoulder; we head into the academy and follow the guard to the main lobby. I try to take my time and look around the place where I have lived my entire life but my mom's grip around my shoulder was too tight.

We arrive into the lobby in no time at all and my stomach sinks, the King and Queen stand by the opened main door talking while some guards carry their luggage into their few SUV's that are parked outside.

I let myself discretely sniff the air and to my amazement I do not smell Jayden anywhere, he must have other duties to attend to before we leave. I hate the fact that my mood dampens because he isn't here.

The King turns around and gives us a heartwarming smile, the Queen looks around and her warm inviting eyes instantly find mine.

My father shakes the King's hand and I allow my ears to tune out as they start chatting until the Queen comes out of nowhere. After jumping out of my skin I smile at the gentle woman standing in front of me.