Prologue

I just wanted to say thank you to those who took the time to read this story. It means a lot to me. Please keep reading and don't forget to vote! Also, please comment any suggestions or comments about the story! PLEASE vote and share the story! Thanks!

I ran further and further into the forest, trying to escape the wolves chasing me. I didn't know where I was going, only that my wolves were telling me it wasn't safe. I had to listen to them. They had the heightened senses, even when I was in my human form.

I could sense the wolves chasing me. I could hear their muffled steps and smell their breath as it came out in ragged patterns. I knew they were getting closer.
But I also knew I was faster then them.

My wolves continued to urge me to run. To run forever and never stop until Jordan and his pack were long dead.

So I ran.

I ran.

And ran.

And ran.

I ran until my breathing became ragged and my lungs stung with each breath.

I ran until my legs were burning and blisters were covering my bare feet.

I ran until spots were clouding my vision.

I ran until I was sure I was going to pass out.

I was about to collapse. My throat was dry. My head was pounding. My heart was racing. My knees were wobbling with the effort of holding my body upright.

I couldn't breathe. I knew they would find me.

But my wolves were only telling me to run.

And run.

And run.

I saw water in the distance and willed my body to keep moving. I had to make it there. I had to drink.
Even when my wolves were telling me to run, I had to make it there. I had to drink something. Otherwise I would collapse.

And they would find me.

I made it to the sand before my knees gave out and I collapsed. I hit the sand and, breathing heavily, drank greedily until my stomach was sloshing with water. My head was swimming. Spots were dancing along the edge of my vision. Pain lanced its way through my body, starting from my lungs and spreading to my hands and feet.

I want to sleep.

I want to give up.

But they would find me.

They would beat me.

They would kill me.

My wolves only told me to get up and run. To run and never stop running. To never let them catch us.

Before I knew it my limbs were heavy. Too heavy to move, let alone get up and run. I just want to sleep.

I knew I was drifting off. I couldn't help myself. I was completely and utterly exhausted.

Even with the calls of my wolves fading away, I couldn't shake the feeling that I would eventually see Jordan and the Pack again.

I knew I should keep running.

I knew we weren't safe.

I knew we should keep going.

But I also knew I needed to sleep.

Before my consciousness left me, I went over the information I knew.

1. I knew I would see Jordan again.

2. I knew I was either in my old pack's territory, or I have escaped their territory and trapped myself in another pack's territory.

And 3. I knew I would never again transform into a wolf. Not after what had happened.

Not when the only thing keeping me alive had almost been the thing that got me killed.

I wouldn't shift. Ever.

Even when my life depends on it.

As I drifted off into the black abyss of sleep, I couldn't help but feel a shiver glide up my spine as a wolf howled it's challenge into the night.

And more wolves howled back.