Chapter 3

From Silas's Perspective

"Get out."

I watched as the Alpha snarled at his pack. He whipped around, approaching the males in the room.

"Get out. She's mine." He snarled at them and they fled the room. He then turned to me.

He strode forward until he was a hairs breadth away. He put his arms beside me, encasing me in a flesh and bone prison.

"Mate," he said, inching his face closer.

He pressed his face against mine. I whimpered and began squirming. I was breathing fast. This couldn't be happening to me. Not again. Not again.

He pulled away quickly and stared at me. I backed away until I was in a corner.

"Mate?" He said it as a question. "What's wrong Mate?"

I whimpered and tried to make myself as small as possible.
I watched as hurt and confusion flashed across his face. Then understanding.

"Okay," he said, running his hand through his hair. "Maybe we're moving a bit too fast."

He looked around for a place to sit, then gave up and sat on the ground.

"I'm Jace," he said with a smile. He watched me, clearly expecting me to offer my name as well. His smile fell.
"Uh," he rubbed his neck, clearly nervous. "I'm the Alpha of the Silver Moon Pack."

He waited. And watched. It made me uncomfortable, but I couldn't tear my gaze away.

"I-I'm Silas." I found myself talking. It came out low, rough, and gravelly. I reached up and grabbed my neck in surprise.

Jace smiled, pleased with my answer. "Silas."

The way he said my name intrigued me. He seemed to be testing the way it sounded on his lips. He pronounced each syllable as if it were the only thing worth caring for.
"What Pack are you from?"

I hesitated before answering. I didn't want to answer. I couldn't help myself. My wolves were prancing happily at meeting my so called "mate".

"I-I'm from the Lupine Shadows Pack."
***********************************************
From Jace's Perspective

Shit. The Lupine Shadows Pack. What had this girl been through? It made my wolf angry. I couldn't help the snarl that escaped my lips.

Silas flinched. Her eyes turned coal black and she scrunched herself further against the wall.

"No no no." I reached out towards her. She growled. "I'm not going to hurt you."

"That's what they all said." Her voice came out low and monotone. It was her wolf speaking. "That's what they all said before they broke us."

She continuously shook her head. She was shaking.

And I couldn't help myself.
* * *

From Silas's Perspective

He was across from me. And then he was on me.
Jace shoved our lips together and I exploded into a state of a sort of painful bliss.

I couldn't help myself. I wanted to kiss back. But my wolves' warning rang in my head. Do not trust anyone.
He was so comforting. And my wolves felt safe with him. Unexpectedly. It was confusing.

I pulled away and stared at this Alpha. He watched me watch him.
* * *

From Jace's Perspective

I watched her watch me. Her black eyes flashed and changed to white. She crawled on me and lay her head on my chest.

I timidly reached up and began stroking her hair. She began to purr. I slowly stretched my head down until our cheeks were touching. I slowly rubbed my cheek along her face, rubbing my scent onto her. Claiming her as mine.

She continued to purr.

We sat there together until the purring stopped. I looked down to see Silas sleeping. I smiled and reached down to lift her up. She shifted and her arms were around my neck.
I quickly kissed her forehead before gently resting her on the bed, and walking out of the room.