Chapter 11

Sorry for the short chapter! The next one is going to be really long. I hope you guys enjoy! Don't forget to comment and vote! <3

From Julian's Perspective

I watched in horror as Silas howled, the sound terrifying, dark. Heartbroken, in a way. She was proving her dominance, and I felt my knees give out with the power that radiated off her.

I watched as she growled at her Mate, a quiet warning, before climbing off his body and disappearing into the trees.

"Wow."

Jace was still on the ground, his hair messy and his eyes wide. He was breathing heavily and I could see the need in his eyes. His wolf was excited, no doubt about that. I could tell he wanted to chase after Silas, but knew better. Instead he slowly stood up and turned towards the brush.

"Don't chase after her," I warned. I had done that before, and it did not end well.

"Why?" he asked, turning to face me. "Why is Silas so upset?"

His eyes darkened and a menacing growl escaped his throat as he stepped closer.

"What did you do to her?"

It came out in a deep snarl, more animal than human.

"I did nothing," I said calmly.

"Like hell you didn't," Jace snarled again, his eyes darkening even more; his nails elongating.

He stepped closer, his nails reaching to graze my neck, when Jace's eyes grew wide. He was pulled back, humorously by his hair, as the she-wolf behind him snarled in his face.

"Really, Alpha?" Silas snarled, her eyes dark and her voice mocking. "I said to stand down."

I watched in surprise as the Alpha before me slowly knelt at the feet of this wolf. He trembled, barley, but with the keen eyes of a wolf I could easily see his unease.

A branch crunched and it was then that I remembered the rest of Jace's Pack had followed.

Silas whipped around, facing the wolves before her.

"Well?" she snarled, frightening the wolves out of their trance. "Aren't you going to defend your Alpha?"

Silas watched, but the wolves did not move. Neither did the Alpha, knelt on the ground in a painful position.

"And you," Silas growled, turning to me. "This is the last time I'm saving that sorry-ass of yours from being eaten alive."

With that, she pulled at the Alpha's hair, once again. He stood up quickly, but did not make eye contact.

"Go home," she said to the wolves. "Your Alpha and I have some business to attend to."

The wolves stared for one second longer before turning and bolting to their homes. I took this as my cue to leave and headed to the forest as well.

"Jace," Silas growled, her eyes still midnight-black. "Do not leave."

I nodded before turning and disappearing into the forest.

* * *

From Jace's Perspective

I followed, backwards, as Silas led me to a cabin hidden deep in the woods. How she knew about it, I had no idea. My wolf was excited. What could she be planning?

I shivered as her hands let go of my hair and made a ghostlike path down my spine. Silas was driving my wolf crazy, especially with the show she had put on before.

I turned to find her staring at me, her gaze intense. We watched each other in the doorway, our wolves no longer battling for dominance. I couldn't help myself. I slowly inched my face closer until our noses were almost touching and we shared the same breadth. 

"Now," I purred, "about that business."

I began to lean forward in earnest, only to find air waiting for me. I whipped around in astonishment to find Silas sitting, cross-legged, on the bed. She cocked her head in a way that made me want her even more.

"What do you want from me, Jace?" 

Her voice was quiet and beautiful, reminding me of tinkling bells. I loved the way she said my name, slowly, carefully; with deliberation.

"What do I want from you?" I asked astonished. "I want everything from you. I want to help you." I paused. "I want you."

"How can you want me?" she asked, her voice quiet, "You don't know me."

I didn't answer the question when her wolf asked, but I knew the answer now. 

I stepped forward and, taking her hands in mine, knelt before where she sat on the bed.

"But Silas, I do know you. I love you. I may have not known you for long, but you are my Mate. You are mine. And I will always, always be yours."

Slow tears trickled down her face. Her eyes had not lightened, not in the slightest. I didn't care. I need her now.  I need my Mate now.

And my mate needs me.