Chapter 1

Thanks for continuing to read Full Blooded! Enjoy!

From Silas's Perspective

I awoke in a soft bed with no idea of how I got there. I didn't open my eyes. I could sense the presence of a couple of wolves standing alongside my bed. They had stopped talking.

They already knew I was awake. I didn't bother to pretend to sleep.

I knew the drill by now. Wake up. Go to the Wall. Wait
for the permission to "leave". That's what I did.
I got up and walked over to the wall. I raised my hands, clearly exposing my backside. I leaned my forehead against the coolness of the dry paint. Then I closed my eyes to wait.

The other wolves in the room did nothing. They just stared. In shock or confusion? I didn't know. I just waited for my orders.

"Umm," one wolf began. "What are you doing?"
I didn't answer. He didn't give me permission to speak.
I knew how this game worked by now. He would taunt me and ask me question after question. If I talked, I would be beaten.

So I didn't answer them. Or him.

"Okay... Can you tell us what Pack you're from?"
I didn't answer. Jordan said if I was ever captured to never reveal the name of his Pack. If I did, he would find me. And kill me.

"Uh... How about your name?"

That was a new one. I hadn't thought about my name in years. If only been called lovely, kitten, babe, or bitch. Never my actual name.

I racked my brain, but couldn't find it.

So, yet again, I didn't answer. 

I heard as the three wolves walked out of the room and quickly shut the door. Well. That was awkward.

Instead of staying in this position all day, I decided my wolves and I should catch up on some much needed sleep.

I quietly walked over to the corner of the room. I curled up into a ball on the floor. It wasn't bad. Just my usual sleeping arrangement.

As I lay there, I listened to the thoughts in my head. My wolves were telling me something strange. They were saying it was safe.

I had never been safe. Not ever. So this was news to me.
I was still on guard though. I would never let my guard down. Not for anyone.

Before I drifted off into the darkness of sleep, I heard the quiet unlock of the door. A young man stepped in.
I didn't look. I just closed my eyes and fell into the peaceful void of darkness.
.      .      .      .      .      .      .      .      .      .      .      .      .      .

From Cal's Perspective

I returned to the room. She had my wolf on high alert. I opened the door and stopped dead at what greeted me.
She was curled up in the corner of the room. On the floor. With no blanket or mattress underneath her frail body. Nothing. Only the cold, hard ground.

I didn't know what to think. My wolf was telling me to pick her up and put her in the bed. The only problem with that is I didn't know how she would react.

I decided to take the chance. I reached down to pick her up, and her eyes opened.

I decided to use my rank as an advantage.

"What is your name, young wolf?"

She pauses for a minute, thinking about it.

"Silas, I believe." She answered in a gravelly voice. It was rough, and she seemed surprised she even spoke. But she didn't break eye contact.

I didn't either.

"Why are you in my territory?"

She didn't answer. Only stared.

I watched her grey-blue eyes as I used my power as Beta to command her. This was bound to get me some answers.
"Answer me."

Her eyes flashed black, but returned to grey-blue. We stared at each other for a few minutes. Instead of answering, she returned to her curled position on the floor.
I waited until her breathing became regular. Then I quietly exited the room.

I thought back to this morning. How she woke up and exposed her back to us. That was unusual. But was even more surprising was how she didn't back down. She didn't back down from a Beta, even when she was ordered. It made me wonder how she would respond to an Alpha. That was very unsettling. I decided to ask the Alpha to hold a meeting. This was important.

There had never been a female wolf. Never. And it seems this girl, Silas, is the very first.