Chapter 8

Enjoy this chapter! You finally get to meet the Alpha and Silas's wolves! <3

From Silas's Perspective

I walked into the forest, enjoying the feeling of cold grass on my feet. At this point the power and urge to shift was unbearable. I knew the Pack had gone off to hunt. I was alone and my wolves and I thought it was a good a time as any to shift.

I walked through the forest. My wolves smelled water, so I assumed there was a lake nearby.

We reached the shore soon and I looked up to see the moon. It was beckoning for me to shift. 

My wolves told me it was time.

* * *

From Jace's Perspective 

I followed Silas through the forest in my wolf form. She was going to the lake and my wolf was beyond excited to see hers.

Silas reached the beach unaware of my presence. I crouched in the brush and crept forward to get a better view.

She was in the full light of the moon, her shadow skittering along the sand. She began to strip down.

She reached down and pulled her shirt over her head, revealing her scarred back. I bit back my growl, not wanting to disturb her.

She unhooked her bra, and I watched, amazed and fascinated, as she took off her pants and underwear to reveal her perfectly curved body.

Silas crouched, the sand sticking to her body, and began to shift.

* * *

From Silas's Perspective 

I stripped down and crouched in the sand, preparing to shift. I closed my eyes and focused on being a wolf. 

I felt the changes immediately. My nose and mouth elongated into a snout as my ears moved in a painful arc to rest in a  point at the top of my head. My arms and legs lengthened and turned into long limbs with paws and claws. I felt hair sprout along my body, and began to stretch. I felt a relief I hadn't felt in a long time.

I repeated this process three times, one for each wolf, before settling on my gray wolf. I opened my eyes and marveled at the sharpness and clarity of the world around me. I hadn't been my wolf in a long time.

I turned around to find a pair of dark green eyes staring at me from the brush. My heart rate sped up. Someone saw me. They saw me change. They saw my wolves.

* * *

From Jace's Perspective 

I watched in amazement as Silas shifted and stretched. She did this three times. I had no idea why. 

She turned and our eyes locked. She growled, and I fought the urge to run away. Her eyes flashed and changed to black along with, amazingly, the rest of her coat. 

I was absolutely stunned. I didn't know how this was possible. Didn't know why this was possible.

As Silas approached, I realized how massive her wolf was. Or wolves were.

She was easily as tall as I, if not taller. I couldn't fight the urge this time. It was too strong.

I crouched, my head touching the ground, and rolled over to expose my neck and belly. I was submitting. 

I had no control over my actions. It was my wolf taking full control. I thought I was the Alpha, but I was wrong. Completely wrong. 

Silas was the Alpha. No doubt there. 

But she was also my Mate.

* * *

From Silas's Perspective

As I approached, I watched as the wolf before me knelt and rolled to expose its stomach.

It was being submissive.

I had no idea why. I was not an Alpha. From his black coat, I could tell he was an Alpha. Why was he submitting to me?

I stepped closer and realized the wolf before me was Jace. Alpha Jace. I felt my white wolf surface, and looked down to see my coat had changed from black to white.

I watched the Alpha. He was completely in awe.  And he was being submissive. It was amazing and terrifying at the same time. 

I gave a small bark, an order for him to get up. The Alpha rolled over and stood up.

He was level with my chest. I sat down to see if that would help, but it didn't. Instead I backed up and lowered my head until we were at eye level.

Hello, Alpha. I said into the mind link.

This time he didn't flinch, but instead a wolfy smile spread across his face.

Hello, Silas.

I waited. For a reaction. For anything.

After a while I was getting impatient. My wolves wanted to hunt. Badly. But they also wanted to be with their mate. 

I changed into my gray wolf and took a deep breath. There was a stag nearby. Perfect.

I stood up and walked around the Alpha. When I got to his backside, I gently nipped him and ran off in the direction of the stag.

I could hear him following me. He was unnervingly loud, for an Alpha, and the stag was nearby.

Wait. I ordered. He stopped.

I lowered my body until I was level with the ground. I slowly crept forward until I was a leap's distance away from the stag.

I jumped and sunk my teeth into his neck. It felt glorious. I hadn't killed in a long time either.

I extended my claws and carefully ripped away parts of the stag's skin. I gave a low yip and the Alpha joined me. 

I waited for him to begin eating. The Alpha would always eat first. Always. But he nodded his big wolf head at me and I sunk my teeth into my kill again.

I ripped off a chunk of meat and savored the taste of warm blood in my mouth. I waited until the Alpha got his share before I began to eat.

We were almost finished when I smelled an unfamiliar wolf scent. It wasn't someone from the Pack. I knew their scents by now.

I just about had it when the wolf leapt out from the brush and pinned me down.

It was a rouge.