Chapter 7

From Silas's Perspective

I woke up and I immediately felt power hum through my body. It was a dull throb, not enjoyable, but not painful. Just annoying. I felt my wolves wag their tales in excitement for tonight.

I was nervous. I didn't know if I could resist the Moon Goddess for long enough for the Full Moon to disappear, or to escape away to the forest unnoticed. Jordan and his Pack were at the bottom of my priorities list right now.

I thought of all this while I was in the shower. I still couldn't believe I was able to use the Pack's facilities. It was a novelty to me.

Once I finished and changed I sat on the bed, waiting for who knows what.

I jumped up at the sound of the door opening, and quickly pressed my front to the wall. I relaxed when I saw it was Cal.

"Sorry," I said, pushing off the wall. "Force of habit."

"It's okay," he said with a smile.

It had a slight edge to it, similar to spikes covered in silver. Beautiful and deadly. I assumed it was from the upcoming Full Moon. Some wolves could never handle the feeling of unusable power inside their body. It never bothered me. And I had three times as much.

"Alpha wants you," Cal said, watching me with an intensity that made me squirm.

I nodded and quickly followed.

We walked in a comfortable silence to the Alpha's study. At the doorway, we both bowed before walking in. It was a custom for wolves to bow to an Alpha, even if it wasn't theirs.

The Alpha nodded at Cal, and he quietly shut the door as he walked out.

"Alpha," I said, acknowledging his title.

"Silas," he said with a slight purr in his voice.

We watched each other for a minute, our wolves undoubtedly having a dominance battle. It would always happen to me. I looked away before things got too serious.

"I, for one, am excited for tonight," the Alpha said.

"Why?" I asked. I knew he wanted to witness my wolves, but I would make sure that wouldn't happen.

"To see you and your beautiful wolf."

A smile crept across his face.

"Tonight is going to be great. This Pack has finally found it's Luna. And on a Full Moon, no less."

I felt my wolves growl at the title of Luna. I quickly quieted them and hoped the Alpha didn't notice.

"Is there anything you need me to do?" I asked.

"You will be introduced to the Pack," he ordered. "Just smile and wave. If anything happens, I'll be there to protect you."

"Really?" I asked in astonishment. "From your own pack?"

"No," he said, frowning. "They would never attack you. But when you shift, loners may detect your scent and come. They are unpredictable."

I hadn't thought of that. I had only been focusing on the Lupine Shadows Pack, not on the fact that loners could find me.

I pushed the thought from my mind. I had to focus on tonight.
* * *

The Alpha led me to where the "party" was to take place. It was in an open field, surrounded by his territory, no less. Unsurprisingly, there was no food. We were to hunt tonight.

I watched the Pack. I wasn't introduced to anyone yet, but I helped where and when I could. The sun was setting fast, and we all knelt as the Full Moon rose.

By the time the moon crested the trees, the Alpha had pulled me by his side. The Pack lined up, and I greeted those I had not met before.

The Alpha greeted everyone as well, and the Pack followed as we walked to the center of the field. He looked up at the moon and the younger wolves backed a safe distance away. The lower ranks of wolves stripped their clothes and crouched to shift.

The Pack shifted from the lowest to the highest ranks. Since I was considered a rouge, I did not have to shift unless I wanted to. I averted my eyes and looked at the moon as the Alpha stripped and shifted.

I looked around at the wolves surrounding me. They all had beautiful coats. My heart almost stopped when I turned my gaze to the Alpha before me.

* * *

From Jace's Perspective

I watched as Silas examined my Pack. She seemed taken aback at the beauty of their wolves. I wanted to laugh when she stared, wide eyed, at my wolf. Instead, I nuzzled her legs to try and get her to shift. My wolf wanted to see her. Badly.

She gave a small knowing smile and shook her head before looking at the moon again. It seemed as if she were savoring the freedom, but I had no idea why.

She was imprisoned in her old pack, my wolf told me. I can feel it in her wolf.

I shook my head, clearing it of the horrid thoughts. I didn't want to think of that on this night. The night I found my Luna and the night the Moon Goddess arose.

I turned and began to trot off in the direction of the festivities. We would feast in our wolves tonight.

The Pack followed and I glanced back to see Silas watching as we left. Her eyes had changed to a glowing white that resembled the moon. When she saw me watching, they changed to a black so dark I couldn't see them, even in my wolf form.

I let the hunters take the lead and slowed to an even slower trot. My wolf and I couldn't wait to see her shift.

Silas saw me watching her and shook her head before walking towards the forest. I debated wether or not to be with my Pack, or follow her.

I barked an order at my Beta, and followed my Mate into the trees.

She was going to shift.