Chapter 5

Don't forget to read the rest of the story! Enjoy, guys! <3
From Jace's Perspective

I'm gonna fucking kill them. I'm gonna kill them all. Why the hell would they do this to someone? And why my mate, of all people?

These thoughts all ran through my head. I was furious. And devastated. I wanted to rip the fucking Lupine Shadows Pack to shreds with my bare teeth. No would do this to my mate and get away with it.

Calm down, Jace. It's not that big of a deal.
I flinched, still unused to Silas's voice in the mind link. Or in my mind, for that matter.

"Why should I calm down?" I asked, rounding on the female before me. "They hurt you, and you're telling me to calm the fuck down?"

She closed her mouth and turned away, her mutilated back still on display for all to see. Her eyes continuously flicked from black, to blue grey, to white in random orders. Her eyes were hazed, and she seemed to be staring off into space.

"Why do you not care about yourself?" I yelled, eyes on her back. "Why do you not care about anything, other than your goddamned Alpha?"

I continued asking Silas questions, without getting a single answer.

"Why-"

"Okay, just shut up for a minute here," she growled, her voice filled with authority. "There are too many people talking at once."

I stared at her in surprise. I was the only person talking in the room before she spoke up.

"Don't talk right now, Alpha. I'm having a discussion with my wolves."

It sounded normal enough until I caught on to one word.

Wolves.
* * *
From Silas's Perspective

My wolves and I were having a debate, and it was becoming difficult to listen to them, especially with the Alpha yelling at me in the background.

We were debating on wether or not we should tell this Pack our secret.

I listened to each of the wolves' reasons on why we should and shouldn't tell them, and decided it would be best if we didn't tell them. For all we know, they could be working with Jordan. They might be doing this to make me feel safe, and when I reveal my secrets, they would hand me back over to Jordan.

But the problem was, the Full Moon was only two nights away. I could try to resist the changes, but it was almost impossible for a wolf not to shift during a Full Moon. I had just turned seventeen and can now be shifted at the Moon Goddesses will.

I had been able to shift since for as long as I could remember. My wolves were a part of me, and me of them. We were our own sort of Pack. I, obviously, was the Alpha, and the wolves were all my Betas. We would all be equals, but I had to be in charge during our time with the Lupine Shadows Pack.

Realizing I wasn't going to be punished, I hastily pulled on my shirt that I had previously thrown on the ground. I didn't want to be modeling my back for anyone and everyone to see. Not again.

"What do you mean, talk to your "wolves"?" Jace growled.

"I said wolf," I replied. I couldn't tell him. Not yet.

"Well-"

"What are we doing about the Full Moon?" I asked, cutting him off.

"You," he said with a smirk. "You are going to be introduced to the rest of the pack."

He walked closer until I was, once again, pinned against the walls, with his arms on either side of me.

"And they are going to love you," he whispered.

He slowly lowered his head until our cheeks were once again touching. He slowly rubbed our cheeks together, marking me as his. He placed his face in the crook between my neck and shoulder and breathed in deeply. Showing a satisfied male smile, he lifted his head up.

"And I will get to see you shift and see your beautiful wolf," he said excitedly.

My heart dropped. I didn't want anyone to see my wolves. Not after what happened last time.

"Sure," I said as I rolled my eyes and shoved him off me.
He stepped back and smiled. I just rolled my eyes.
Mate likes you, my wolves said in unison. I just shook my head.

"Am I going to see the rest of your territory or not," I asked, looking the Alpha in the eyes.

"Right now."

He reached out to grab my forearm. I danced out of his reach.

"Get out you perverts. I need to change first," I said, glancing at my clothes.

The men rolled their eyes and walked out of the room.

Someone likes mate, the wolves taunted.

You guys know that if I like him, that means you all like him too, I retorted. That shut them up.

But the weird thing was, I wasn't scared of this Alpha, or his pack. I just didn't know why.