t w e n t y s i x

♠♠♠

I twirl my rose pendent around my fingers, while lying in the couch. The flat screen TV plays some Hawaiian soap opera, but I can't understand what they're saying and no subtitles are provided.

Judah had disappeared through the door earlier, after mumbling something about needing to pick something up from Doe. I wasn't quite listening.

Bored, I decide to entertain myself at the public beach on the other side of the island.

I go into the closet and take out a scanty string bikini. There's one in every colour. Sadly, after putting it on, I see that it's quite revealing. I slip on Dior shades and a sun hat. I hum a song and throw a towel over my shoulder. Just when my feet slide on my flip-flops, Judah appears by the bedroom door.

He looks me over.

"Where are you going?" he asks.

I nearly forgot how deep his voice was. His eyes scan me over a little too long.

"Uh, the beach," I answer.

I confidently walk past him. But I'm cut short when he grabs a hold of my arm. He swings me back to face him.

"Like that?"

"Yes," I say, monotone. "Like this."

I mean, sure the bottom covers the top half of my butt. But he just stares.

My eyes roll and I sigh, "What? Do you want me to change? Because I'm not."

Judah shakes his head lightly.

"No. I want to come."

♠♠♠

I spread my towel beneath a nice shady spot under one of the blue striped umbrellas. My palms flatten the sand, and I take a seat. For some reason, I get all self-conscious as soon as Judah sits next to me. He strips off his black shirt, showing off his muscular body. I fix my sunglasses over my face and look elsewhere.

Yeah, there are other girls who resemble models that walk by us. They giggle at the sight of the hunky shirtless Judah.

He brushes his hair back and digs in my beach bag. My eyes try to avoid looking at his old bullet wound.

"What are you looking for?" I murmur.

"Sunscreen," he says after pulling out the bottle.

A pair of busty girls slow down and stare at Judah. My head lowers, hiding in my hat.

Judah nudges the bottle my way.

"Make sure you get everywhere," he tells me with a wink.

"Do it yourself."

Judah then leans and sucks on my jaw bone. I try to push him away, but he circles his arms around my shoulder. He talks in my ear.

"I'm sorry I got you mad yesterday."

My head turns to look at him. Our noses touch.

"Hmph," I snort.

"It turns me on when you get like that."

I frown and squirt the lotion over his back.

"Just shut up," I sigh.

At first, the white cream covers his tattoos. But they soon reappear the more I rub. I wish I could be Judah, right now and say possessive things like he does. I bite my lip, trying to not blush. Having him stare at me while I rub his skin doesn't help either. I set the cream down.