f i f t y t w o

♠♠♠

Our hands stay interlock. Judah doesn't take his eyes off me, as he tugs me closer. I willingly stand toe to toe with him. His lips graze over my forehead. Wanting more than I need, my head tilts upward to feel his long warm breaths.

His arms take a hold of me. My hands glide up the mount of his broad shoulders, knotting my fingers behind his neck. He fooled me into missing him... missing his touch.

Judah presses his lips onto mine.

It was only a matter of time for my own lips to move along with his, melting in his deep kiss.

Nothing inside me was able to resist him. Judah slightly pulls back, and I inhale.

He spins me around towards the sunset. His torso pressed against my back, supporting me and keeping me warm. I stare at the beauty of orange clouds. Judah draws my left hand into his, slipping a cushion-cut diamond ring on my finger.

My lips hang open, as the precious stone glistens. I listen to the sound of Ryder's laughter fill the air. My heart feels so full that it might burst.

"You wouldn't have taken no for an answer," I say, leaning into him.

Judah brushes my hair onto one side, smiling in my neck.

"My sweet cheeks knows me well."

"Stop calling me that," I sigh.

♠♠♠

That night, Judah planned to take us out for dinner. I get dressed in the designer black dress, while Mara is on speakerphone.

"Off the shoulder is timeless. Lace."

I stare at my phone, struggling to zip the dress all the way up. I dismissed the servants long ago, because I don't feel comfortable having them work for me. Living rich like this is incomprehensible.

"Mara, I'm being serious," I groan.

"So am I. Do you want to look back in 50 years and say 'damn, I should have listened to Mara'?"

I pause again, after sitting in front of the vanity table.

"Will I even be alive in 50 years... if I do this?"

"Rose. Stop asking stupid questions," Mara says though the speaker, "You already made your decision. If you're having cold feet, just jump in one of Judah's jacuzzi."

"Why'd I bother calling you," I ask myself, applying lipstick.

"You know I'm right. And yes, I'd love to be the maid of honour-Thanks for attempting to telepathically ask me."

I can't help but laugh at her.

"Mara, you're my only best friend," I sigh, "I miss you. Wish you were here."

"Say no more. I'm quitting my job and coming to live with you," she chants.

I grab a random shoe box and stuff my feet into them.

"Please, take my place."

Mara shrieks in excitement, "I'm so jealous you! This is insane! I can't believe you're getting married!"

I sigh, "I can't, either..."

Then, little Ryder pokes through the door. He's ready and dressed in a cute ensemble with a matching bowtie clipped on his collar. I motion for him to come to me to fix it better.

I say, "Aunty Mara's on the phone."

He takes it.

"Hi Aunty Mawa!" he exclaims.