Chapter 4

Hey guys!! Hope you enjoy the chapter!

----------------------------------------------

Laura POV

"What!?" I exclaimed confused.

"Yes and I'm worried, Laura, I think he may like you." He said.

"There's no way! He's my best friend, he knows how much I love you!" I said.

"Well I saw it! I don't mean to make you angry or offend you I just wanted to let you know!"

"Well, do you have any proof?" I asked angrily.

"No, but if you don't believe me, go ask him!" He said.

"I will!" I said storming out.

As soon as I was outside I slid down the wall.

I was confused and angry.

Did Brent like me? If he didn't why would Hayes accuse him of it? After all that I went through would Brent really screw up my happiness.

I cried for a good 5 minutes before I heard a voice.

"Laura?" I looked up, wiping the tears from my eyes to see a concerned Matt.

"What happened?" He asked, sitting down next to me.

I told him everything and he took a deep breath.

"Wow." He said.

"Yeah." I responded. "Can you do me a favor?"

"Sure, no problem." He said.

"Go to my room and check to see if Hayes is still there. I'm going to talk to Brent. " I said, pushing myself off the ground.

"Ok, and let me give you my number for if you need anything." He said, taking my phone and typing it in.

"Thanks Matt." I said before giving him a hug.

I walked up to Brent's door, took a deep breath and knocked.

The door was answered by a smiling Brent but then frowned when he saw that I had been crying.

Carter was obviously not there thank goodness, so I sat down on his bed.

"What happened?" Brent asked concerned, sitting next to me.

"Well me and Hayes were talking, he said he had been getting jealous looks."

"From who?" Brent asked.

"You." I said.

-------

Brent's POV

When she said me I knew I was screwed.

"What...Pshhh." I tried to play it off.

"Brent, no games." She said seriously.

"Fine." I sighed. "Yes I've been a bit jealous lately."

"Please tell me it's because of a friendship thing, please don't say you like me. Please." She begged.

"Well do you want the truth." I said.

She sighed and nodded.

"Laura, I think I love you." I said.

----------------------------------------------

Laura POV

He loves me?

I jumped upright.

"No. No no no no no. You can't love me. No, Brent I'm happy. Why did you have to screw this up. You don't even just like me, you think you love me! How do you THINK you love someone!" I shouted.

"I'm not sure! Ok? Do you think I wanted this to happen?" He shouted back. "Do you think I want to screw up all of this?"

"Well if you don't want it to happen make it stop!" I responded.

"It's not that simple!" He protested.

"Then control it at least!" I shouted, raising my voice a little.

"I can't! I love you! Do you know what that means? Do you know what you mean to me?" He asked.

"No, Brent I don't, because you never told me. Back a year ago, you loved me but not like that. I needed someone to love me like Hayes does now. I needed you to love me that way then! Not now! Not when I'm finally happy!" I said.

He stopped for a second then i felt his lips crash against mine.

At first I was surprised, then a split second later, I fully processed what was going on.

I shoved him off me.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me." He tried to apologize.

"Save it Brent." I said before walking away.

I need to get out of here.

----------------------------------------------

Hey guys!! I really hope you liked this chapter! I love you all and thank you so much!

- xoxo Laura