Chapter 6

Hey guys! Enjoy the chapter!

----------------------------------------------

Laura POV

So far, Matt had been driving for at least an hour straight. I decided that I wanted to take them to a spot where I like to hang out.

"Take a left here Matt." I directed.

A few minutes later we pulled up to my favorite spot on the gulf of Texas. San Luis Pass, a small, not crowded beach, with a relaxing shore.

"This is my place to go away when I'm in Texas. Some of my family lives here so I come here a lot." I told them once we were out of the car.

"It's beautiful." Shahista said.

"Gorgeous." Cece said.

"So what are we going to do here?" Matt said. "It's the middle of the night."

"Well, I don't care, I knew we were coming so I brought a couple if towels for us to lay on. I just need to relax."

"Okay, sounds great to me." He said, shrugging his shoulders.

We walked down to about 20 feet from the shore and spread out the towels.

The waves were calmer at night so we knew that they couldn't reach us.

After several minutes of silence, I told Matt what happened.

"What do you think this means?" I asked, the obvious worry in my voice.

"Laura, I don't really know what to tell you, but I know that I can tell you that everything will be okay. Or worst-case scenario is that you and Brent will never be friends again." He shrugged.

I have him the death glare.

"What! It's likely, but that's the worst-case scenario. Best case scenario everything goes back to normal, you and Brent are friends again and you and Hayes live happily ever after." He said.

"I'm not sure if that's possible." I said gloomily. "It's what I want but I'm not sure if I can trust Brent the same way ever again."

"He's a dude, guys make mistakes, pretty often actually." Matt said.

"So are you taking his side now?!?" I said angrily.

"No. No it's not what I meant at all I was just saying that we all make mistakes and I'm sure he didn't mean to ruin your relationship." He said.

I took a deep breath.

"I guess you're right."

"Laura?" Shahista said.

"Yes?" I said propping myself up on my elbows to look at her.

"I think you should give Brent another chance, Brent obviously didn't mean to hurt you or screw up your relationship, he was just caught in the moment. He was in love. You can't change that, even if you don't want. He loves you, and if he can get it through his head you don't love him back, maybe he'll move on. But that doesn't mean you should just in your friendship because of it." She said.

"I agree." Cece said. "You guys were literally made to be best friends. I've seen the way to act around each other, and it's absolutely crazy. But you guys have the best kind of friendship. The kind you don't want to lose."

I laid back down and stared at the sky.

"I guess you're right." I said. "We should get back to the hotel it's almost 4 o'clock, we should probably be back by five so the guys don't worry."

I I heard my phone beep no I jumped in my bag to find it. Once I got it out I saw the worst words on the screen.

The words I never thought I would see.

They were from Hayes.

"It's over." The screen said.

----------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Looks nice I know what you're thinking, and don't worry, I have a plan.

But anyway thank you so much for all the reads, votes, comments, and support you guys have given.

I love you all so much! Thanks for reading this chapter and I hope you enjoyed it!!

- XOXO Laura