how they leave

10:34 pm

it's not how they come that shows you what
              you mean to them -
                but rather, how they leave.

people will always come and go in your life, and eventually you will except that, well, that's life. when someone comes into your life, it's 99% of the time going to be exciting, happy and full of joy. it's always going to be that way because it is something new - and all things new are amazing. but it matters how they leave. if they leave with breaking your heart into a million of small bits and pieces - they did not care. when you give someone your heart, they should be carful and keep it safe from crashing - they should not use it like a football and throw it around to toggle with you. because that hurts. it all hurts. ones that are good, will not hurt, they will heal. but the ones that leave you behind with a torn apart heart never cared, they only cared for themselves. so promise me you will not believe them when they come back and say something along the lines of: "i need you" or "you have always been the one" because if that were true, they wouldn't have left you in the darkness with oceans of tears pouring from your eyes, they wouldn't have left you with sweaters that still smell like them, with memories that are no longer happy - but that now make you sad.

they wouldn't
      have even left in the first place.

if you find the right one ;
         they won't even leave,
         they will stay and care for
         your fragile heart and
                     keep you happy.