Chapter Eight

From that day on, Lorna and I were inseparable. 

     We spent every minute of every day with each other. We probably took the word ‘best friends’ a bit too far, but we were. We acted like we had been friends for years and I literally could not picture life without Lorna.

     We sat on the hill every day, looking out at the city view or watching the clouds. We always sang Chasing Cars. Every time. It became our sort of thing. Everything we did became our thing. We spent ages just talking to each other, laughing and smiling and joking. I had become close to her family and she had become close to mine. 

     I loved her.

     Lyle had also been accepted into the family. At first, and I was there witnessing it all, Mrs Smith had a huge rage at Lorna, telling her that there was ‘no way you are keeping that thing’. But then Lorna picked it up and just like a switch, Lorna’s mom’s mood changed and she watched as Lorna petted Lyle happily.

     You could say Lyle was loved by everyone now. Most spoiled cat I know.

     I ran up the hill and of course, Lorna was already up there. I snuck around behind her and wrapped my hands around her face.

     "How much do you love me?" I asked.

     Lorna laughed. “Loooooooootts.”

     "Guess what I have?" I asked her, still not uncovering my hands from her eyes. She reached up and took them off before spinning around. Her eyes were wide and she stared at me.

     "What?!"

     From behind me I pulled out two concert tickets, waiting for her to read them and scream. She studied them and then grabbed one and then studied it. She turned it over and continued to read it, then she screamed.

     She stood up and started jumping up and down. “OH MY GOD! TRISTAN!”

     I grinned. “Wanna come with me?”

     "YES YES YES YES!" She clutched the ticket tight. "How did you get them? They sold out!"

     I just winked and Lorna attacked me in a hug.

     "WE’RE GOING TO SEE SNOW PATROL! HOLY-"

     "I take it you’re excited then?" I laughed.

     Lorna kissed the ticket and then my cheek. “I love you! I loooove you! I love you!”

     I sat myself down on the grass and blushed from her lips on my cheek and eventually Lorna calmed down and sat down beside me. “When is it? This Saturday? Oh my god I can’t wait! Where are our seats? Row R? Where’s that?”

     I shrugged. “Obviously not at the front. But we’re close…”

     "This is so exciting! Saturday is only three days away!"

     I laughed. “Hey, you doing anything tonight?” I asked, changing the subject.

     "Screaming in my room because I’m going to Snow Patrol with my best friend ever, but I think I can make time for you." Lorna said.

     I smiled. “Wanna stay over at mine?”

     "Sure! Any reason why?"

     "No, I just want to fangirl with you…."

     Lorna laughed. “We can sing Chasing Cars all night long and watch Snow Patrol videos and eat popcorn and play boardgames.” 

     "Sounds great."

Memorıes Lıke These जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें