Chapter Twenty-Eight

Final chapter! x

"Niall, I'm home!" Lucy called from the front door. "Babe?"

I turned off the TV, Noah had left twenty minutes ago to meet with his team, and walked to the front door and met the brown eyes of Lucy. She gave me a huge smile, which I always admired. Especially since she worked hard for 7 hours straight a day but she always gave me a smile when she came home.

I held out my arms and she fell into them, giving a small sigh. "Why am I working?" She asked with a laugh.

"Because you love your job." I reminded, holding her out at arms length. Her dark brown wavy hair was sitting stylishly around her shoulders but was slightly messy from the day's events and her cream pencil skirt and purple blouse perfectly hugged her curvy body. I grabbed her waist and pulled her closer to me before planting a deep kiss on her lips. I felt her smile into the kiss and when we finally pulled away she looked at me. "What was that for?" She asked lightly.

"I love you." I smiled.

She smiled back. "Me too. I would stay and kiss you but I really want to get changed into my sweatpants and eat some fucking cake. So I'll be right back."

I laughed as she slipped out of my arms and trundled down the hallway, taking off her black stilletos as she went and unzipping her skirt before she disappeared into our room.

Lucy and I had met at university, her studying design and me studying mechanics. We hit it off straight away and agreed to buy an apartment together so when we weren't at university, we could still stay together. Soon enough, we were dating and when our time at university ended, our apartment became a home. We both got good jobs and a few months later, I asked her to marry me. Even though we still weren't married, how we were living was suitable for us.

"Noah came over!" I yelled out to Lucy from the kitchen, where I was pulling out the cake one of her friends gave us a few days ago.

"Oh! How's he?" Lucy yelled back.

"He's really good! He's staying in Dublin for a few days for a soccer tour. He's looking good."

Lucy appeared at the kitchen doorway in some grey sweatpants and a baggy pink jumper. She leant on the kitchen bench and grabbed the slice of cake I had just cut. "I'm sorry I missed him. I'll see him soon hopefully."

"Yeah, I think he was talking about catching up for coffee tomorrow?" I said, grabbing another slice of cake for myself.

"Sounds good! I'll meet you both on my lunch break. How was your day?"

"Pretty casual." I replied, I was off work for a few days because 'we had too much staff'. "I got the milk."

She accidentally dropped her cake on the kitchen bench, the pink frosting smearing everywhere. Lucy looked as if she had just heard the worst news ever. Her bottom lip trembled and she scrunched up her face. "NO!" She cried.

"Have mine-" I said, handing her my half eaten piece.

"No! I can't take your cake. Oh fucking hell. I can't eat that. FUCK SAKES I JUST WANTED TO HAVE SOME CAKE AND NOW-"

"Lucy! Calm down!" I said whilst laughing. "Have mine, love. It's okay."

She scowled at me like a five year old, then picked up her cake and chucked it at me. The frosting covered my face and I blinked several times. I heard her erupt into laughter and I chucked my cake at her so that now our faces looked identical. She dragged a finger across my cheek and then licked the icing off it. I did the same and then started licking her face entirely. She giggled and pushed me away.