Chapter Twenty-Three

"What can I get you?"

My head perked up at the sudden voice and I tore my gaze away from looking at the inside of the Italian restaurant I was in and looked at the waitress that stood in front of me. She looked like she belonged in her early 30's with her shiny blonde hair pulled into a neat bun and dull grey eyes and the faintest wrinkle lines around her mouth and under her eyes. She just looked at me, an unimpressed look in her eyes.

"Oh, um...." I studied the menu, even though I already knew what I was getting. I looked around the room again and awkwardly coughed. "Everything, thanks."

"Sorry? I didn't quite catch that."

I coughed again. "Everything." I said a little bit louder.

"Everything? As in everything on the menu?" She asked in a confused tone.

I avoided eye contact with her. "Yup."

I looked around at all the dinner guests at other tables, wearing their most fanciest dresses and suits and sipping wine. Then there was me, in my black jeans, red polo shirt and white Supras.

"Young man, I don't know what you're playing at but it's not funny." The waitress said crossly.

I looked back at her, trying my best to act innocent. "Sorry?"

"Please choose your meal. Not everything."

"But I want everything." I said.

"That's just silly. I will have to ask you to leave soon. This is a five star restaurant, young man, and we do not take jokes here." She snapped, folding her arms.

I leant back in my chair. "That's why I want everything. I want to try it all."

"You do realise that everything on the menu would cost over $900?"

Shit. Really?

"I have $100?" I said sheepishly.

"Okay, please get out."

"No! Okay, I was joking. I have money. Just please get me everything on the menu?"

"Everything?" She repeated. "Even all the drinks?"

"Uh......sure."

She just glared at me. "You better have the correct amount of money. That's a lot of food to be prepared."

"I'm hungry."

She just shook her head and walked to the kitchen.

I didn't have the money. I only came in here with $100. I'll have to dine and dash....

-

Twenty minutes later my drinks started coming. I just sat there as glasses and glasses of beer, wine and other varieties of alcohol placed themselves on my table. I looked around the restaurant to find that various other guests were looking at me strangely. The last glass was placed onto my table and I realised that the whole table was covered in glasses, a few on the seat next to me.

I picked up the first one and sipped it, then spat it back out as the strong liquor taste filled my mouth. I moved onto the next one, then the next, then the next, until I had tried every single glass. None of them were very nice, but the beer was.

"Chicken salad?" A new waitress asked as she approached my glass covered table. She stopped and looked at it strangely.

"Oh yes, that's me." I said. "Can you please clear this up?" I asked her, gesturing to all the half filled and empty cups.

"These are all yours?" She asked in disbelief.

"No, my friend's. He's in the bathroom." I said.