24

mark and i were on our way, to somewhere or someone i hadn't seen in a very long time. "they hate me!" he held my hand. "they don't." we arrived at our destination. "mark. i'm scared." he pinched my cheeks. "i'm here, you'll be fine." 

i knocked on the door. i was greeted by a teenager looking boy. i was speechless and so was mark. "noona?" i bit my lip, stopping myself from tearing up. "jaehyun?"  he ran up to me and hugged me. last time i ever saw him was my accident. he didn't let go of me, and i didn't want to let go of him. 

i looked up to see jonghyun, "jong-ah." his lips moved a little. jaehyun looked at him. "noona hasn't been with us for a long time, remember what you wanted for your birthday? what was it?" i looked at mark who shrugged his shoulders. "i wanted her to come back. because i miss her too much." i looked down, i didn't want them to see my tears.  "noona, i really missed you." i smiled, i ran up to him. "don't cry. i'm here now." i wiped his tears away and wrapped my arms around him really tight.

the boys went outside to play basketball with mark. i sat in front of eomma and appa who were staring right at me. "no call? no postcard? not even a single message? lee minjae, you got us worried."

i could hear her sobbing, while being comforted by appa. "sorry, i thought you would be fine without me, i always thought you didn't care about me anyways." 

she got up and sat next to me, holding my hands, "can you forgive me? i neglected you, i hurt my own daughter. i'm the one who should be sorry." she wiped my tears away, "i'm glad you ended up with mark." we both giggled, "i'm glad he was there for you when i wasn't." she hugged me, it felt weird, i was hugging my mother. appa sat beside me. "we love you no matter what minjae."