II

"Did you know? Your friend is into some kind of a gold digger," were the words that Cain first hear from his colleagues on a party he attended. He was confused, why would his bestfriend be into some kind of a girl who only leeches his riches?

It was so unlike Hiro Takashi to like someone who only wants his wealth.

"You're certain about that?" he asked to his colleague. The latter nodded and continued to tell him whose the girl his friend is in love with.

A girl named Laura Anderson. He was familiar with the name but he does not know where he heard it. His colleague told him that she's phenomenal, unfortunately, she wastes his friend's money on worthless things.

Because of what he heard, he planned to visit his friend. There were already a lot of people who told him and warned him about the gold-digger but Hiro all of them, either received threats from him or were dragged down. It seems to Cain that Laura is a bad influence to his friend.

But maybe, he will listen to him.. Maybe.

**

"Babe," Laura looked at Hiro who have just arrived  in their pad. She just rolled her eyes and returned checking her newly done nails. It didn't took a while from the moment she reached their pad and Hiro's. Him, from his work, her, from her shopping.

"Where have you been?" He asked her. She immediately felt annoyed. Why does it matter to him where I am going? She's not even bothering him. He should be happy and not nosy.

"To the mall, where else?" she stood and annoyingly scratched her cheek, a mannerism she does when she gets annoyed, "Why are you being so nosy?"

"I'm not," Hiro stated calmly and hugged her waist. He planted small kisses on her bare shoulder and inhaled her natural scent. "I'm sorry, it's just that I was so worried since you weren't answering your phone."

She felt a pinch of guilt. She was doing that on purpose but she shrugged it off. Hiro Takashi is one of her toys and she's about to discard him soon. After she got everything she wanted from him.

She faced him, "Forgiven." She kissed his lover's lips and let her hands crawl to his body. She heard him groan and when she felt he was all hot an bothered, she withdrew, "I'm sleepy, goodnight darling." She pecked his lips once more and left the needy guy as she proceeded to her room.

She heard Hiro cursed under his breath and she chuckled. A great way to end her day.

**

'Twas noon when Cain surprisingly visited Hiro. He purposely did it instead of going early in the morning because it has a bigger possibility that his 'girlfriend' will visit his friend. He noticed that his friend's secretary is looking at him intently so he winked at her. The girl looked stunned so he chose to leave and enter his friend's office.

Hiro was surprised when the door immediately swung open. He was stopped from signing papers when he realized Cain was standing in front of him, wearing is usual boyish grin.

"Am I seeing this right? Cain Nicholas Montgomery?" Hiro smiled as he greeted the guy. "What's in the devil's name brought you here?"

"I came to visit a friend," he smirked and sat on the couch that is in the center of the office. He roamed his eyes around his friend's office and looked at him afterwards. His office is boring as his friend's personality. It suits his friend's taste but it will never suit his taste for an office.

"Don't take me for a fool, Cain. We've been friends for years. What brought you here, brother?" Hiro asked and sat on his swivel chair. He then stood and placed his hand on the pockets of his black slacks. He was wearing his tuxedo but Cain knows that he can still look as a bad boy as he is.

"I've heard stories about your girl toy," he started. He saw how Hiro's smile disappeared from his face. He noticed possessiveness pass through his eyes together with annoyance. He took offense of what he said.

"Laura is my girlfriend, not a girl toy. And what stories do you hear, Montgomery?" 

"That your girlfriend," he stated mockingly, "is messing with your bank accounts, and it seems to me that you are allowing her."

Hiro Takashi was offended, Cain could see that. "It's my duty as her boyfriend to spoil her. You're out of it."

"Damn it, Takashi! You'll spend million for a girl you just met? Are you out of your freaking mind? What on hell is wrong with you?" 

"If you came here to scold me about how I spoil my girlfriend then you're free to leave. this is non of your business. Hiro declared coldly. Cain was flabbergasted by his friend's words. He can't believe what he just heard but because of his pride, he stood up and went.

He was now curious than ever to meet this Laura Anderson even more.