III

Laura has finished dressing for jogging. She doesn't have work to go that's why she keep herself busy by prepping and making herself and her body voluptuous and perfect. She cannot have any visible fat because it is a flaw.

She was startled when someone grabbed her arm as she went out. "What the-- Who the hell are you?" she asked the man.

The man was handsome. So damn handsome, but she was irritated. Who is he to hold and grab her like that?

She checked the guy from head to toe. She can that the man is not rich but she knows from this building that only the rich can enter. And every member of this damn building is filthy rich. As she check, she also noticed how expensive the guy's wristwatch is. Of course, he thought.

"You must be Laura Anderson," the guy stated with a deep voice. She raised her eyebrows. So this guy know me? It's a bit unfair because he doesn't know the guy. If he is one of her exes then she would've known earlier. The face of this guy is not the type of face that would be easily forgotten. This is type of face that would be embedded in your mind forever.

"You know me but I do not know you."

The guy smirked at her. He even tucked few strands of her hair that wasn't included on her tied her because of how short it is. She felt fear. She didn't expect that she would be scared to the guy in front of her. He doesn't look like any goon or such, instead, he looks ravishing, very handsome. Dangerously handsome, that is.

"Stay. Away. From. Hiro." he warned with strength. She was stopped for a while but she understood it. This guy is somehow related or associated with Hiro Takashi. But she never saw him when she had Hiro's background checked. This guy must be a very private man for him to get pass her private investigators. 

"Wow," she breathed. "Are you his boyfriend or something? Pity. We could have been a better couple than you two." She mocked him to hide her fear.

She felt like she lost all her strength when the guy held her cheeks tightly and pulled her closer to him. She was sweating hard and she felt like she would faint out of fear. She tried to shake his hand off but the man is way stronger than her. 

"Don't start, woman." 

"Let go of me!" She screamed and continued shaking the man off her. The guy let her go so she fell down on the floor. 

"What did I ever do to you?" She asked stammeringly. The guy smirked and knelt before her. She was breathing heavily. 

"Yes, you did nothing to me. But the moment I hear any news about you stealing Hiro's money, this is not the only thing you'd experience and you'd receive from me." He placed his mouth near her ears and whispered. "Trust me, even if you hide. I'll know everything about it. Everything."

**

"His name is Cain Nicholas Montgomery. Thiry-three years of age and he was born originally in Mexico but was raised in New York by a business man named Luther Montgomery. He's also the very bestfriend of your boyfriend, Hiro Takashi." Her private investigator explained.

Her forehead creased upon hearing it. "That's it? No other information? Like girlfriend, is life before he got adopted by some business man I know nothing about? That's it?"

Her private investigator scratched his nape. "He's a very private person ma'am and it's very hard to extract information about him."

"Get out! Damn it!" The private investigator immediately stood who looked offended to her but never said a word. She grabbed her hair out of frustrations. Dead end. She knew nothing about him, still.

She looked at her phone screen when someone called. Hiro. She immediately answered it, "Yes?"

"How's your day, Baby?"

"She leaned on the couch while looking at the window. "Fine but I feel a bit stressed." She made her voice sounded so sad as she talked to him.

"Why? What's the matter?" Hiro worriedly asked her girlfriend. She laughed  bit, "Oh nothing. Don't mind me."

The other line went silent for a while, Hiro s thinking on how to cheer her up. "You want to buy something? I saw a beautiful sapphire necklace online, why don't you check it?" her smile immediately became wide after hearing what her lover said.

"Is it okay to you? It's so embarrassing." She said.

"Don't be ashamed of telling me what you want. As long as I can, I'll give it to you, okay?" her lover said. She smiled widely because of that.

"Okay, thank you, baby. Please take care." she said. It was insincere but it was needed. She heard him chuckled.

"Yes, and please do so too." the line went out and she laid on the couch while viewing the city. 

This is life for her. She toys boys for fun and for pleasure and she has no plans on stopping any sooner.

**

Cain immediately raised his head from his works when someone entered his office. He raised his eyebrows and he saw Hiro who's glaring at him. " Yes?" he asked.

"How dare you talk to my woman!" he stated furiously. He was flabbergasted. He is furious simply because he talked to his woman? This is ridiculous! 

"And you're furious about that?" he said in an unbelievable tone.

"Yes!" he pointed him. "You stay the hell away from my woman! She's mine, Cain!" He said possessively. He never saw his best friend so furious and so jealous like this to the point that he'll look for ways to know whether  he talked to her woman. Unbelievable. He thought while shaking his head.

"Look at you, Takashi. She's destroying you. You're not acting like yourself." He calmly said but this made the other guy even more furious. 

"What do you know about destroying oneself?" He smirked, "Oh, I remember, you destroyed yourself the moment you agreed to be --" he wasn't able to finish what he's supposed to say when he punched him. The latter glared at him. 

"You don't know a damn ting about me. You now nothing." He pointed the opened door. "Get the hell out. We'll talk once you'r back to your senses."

His friend did not hesitate and went out of his office. He sure enough that it's Laura Anderson who told him. If she thinks that he'd stop her just because she told Hiro, then she's wrong. He'll make sure that Laura would suffer .

He  looked around his office and stopped on a mirror. He stared at his own reflection and grinned. He already has a plan on how to bring Laura down. And he'll make sure that she will voluntarily leave Hiro alone, or worse, get herself killed.