She was applying her make up when Hiro entered the room looking as handsome as ever in his three-piece suit. "Babe.." he grinned.

She stood up and went straight to him to place her arms around his neck and meet him with a kiss where the guy gladly responded. Yet, he was the first one to withdraw, We'll be late if we continue." he said and placed his forehead over hers.

"Maybe I don't even want to attend this event.." She said but her attempt was answered wit a cute smile coming from Hiro Takashi. This guy is too handsome for his own good. She thought. Yes, Hiro is a very good-looking man but also very stupid.

Sometimes she wonders if he's doing this on purpose. Letting her consume every cash in his bank accounts and act like it's nothing. She's not stupid, she knows every time she buys something really expensive, Hiro will be notified immediately. To all the men he had done this, it was only Hiro whom she felt guilty even after saying no to him. To get back from the guilt she's feeling, she does pleasure him after buying those nonsensical things she doesn't need. 

She also feels irritated towards Hiro sometimes. For being too good, she was forced to feel guilty. And what's happening is, to all the material things he's giving her, her body is for him in return. She remembers what her life is before, like she's doing what she has done before that she wanted to forget. 

"I think you're ready, let's go?" the guy said and offered his arm. She took a deep breath and help onto Hiro's arms.

The whole trip was quiet. Jazz music was played and she doesn't even know the title of it. She's observing Hiro, he looks calm while listening to the music while her, she getting bored. 

Even though they can say that there's another reason why she let Hiro have her, they are still not compatible for each other and they never will be. Hiro wants a lot of things that she doesn't want. She has a lot things that she wants that Hiro tries to like. She right not to get serious on Hiro.

"We're here." Hiro announce and went out of the car first. He opened the door for her and assisted her in getting out of the car. Flashes of camera welcomed them. She bowed her head but a smile was plastered on her face. 

"Is that your girlfriend sir?"

"Hiro Takashi is with a very stunning yet mysterious woman, who is she?"

"Oh my! Am I seeing it correctly? Laura Anderson is Hiro Takashi's date?"

She looked at the last person who spoke and she felt like she lost all the blood on her face when she saw who were there. But one man who is very familiar to her s standing and is staring at her ntently while Hiro is busy greeting everyone that they encounter.

"Tito Steve.."

Steven Smith, her mom's second husband. 

She felt suffocated upon seeing him and she only wanted to leave the place. She knew this wasn't a good idea. 

"What is it?" Hiro asked her.

"I'm going home." She decared and started to turn but Hiro held he hand tightly. "Hiro, you're hurting me..."

"No one's going home. You will stay, you understand?" He said  and noticed the angry eyes of Hiro. She was shocked. And scared. This is not the Hiro she knew.. or did she really know him at all?

Hiro noticed that she was scared of him, his calm expression returned and kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry, just stay." She nodded losing any chance to speak up.

When they sat on the place assigned for them, Hiro excused himself to talk to someone. Business, maybe, but she doesn't care. She crossed her arms and looked around, observing people. Different people are only talking just business and nothing more. At least, she's not different from them, the only thing that differs is that no one is talking to her.

Her eyes were immediately glues on the guy who have just arrived together with a petite but sexy lady. Her forehead creased upon recognizing the man. It was Cain Montgomery with some woman. 

Cain was holding the girl's waist possessively and for some reason, she felt a tinge of pain in her chest. She need a drink. Cain has a date, so what? She also has a date but she was left alone. 

Their eyes met and it didn't miss the chance to check what she's wearing. Her royal blue long gown was indeed sexy, but it wasn't her. It was Hiro who chose the gown and Hiro wants something that is sexy but conservative style of a gown. The front was very close but the back is so bare. She felt like she is an oldie for wearing something like that most specially that Cain's date wore something sexy. 

She stood to get a glass of cocktail, even though she has one on their table, and she passed in front of Cain and his date. She felt Cain's gaze like it was sketching her back. She grabbed a few drinks and went to the veranda of the venue.

She felt someone stand beside her. From the scent it's emitting, he already knows who it is, and he know's it's not Hiro. "Cain Montgomery, did you juts follow me?" She asked without looking at the person beside her. 

She heard a chuckle from Cain, "Hmmm, maybe."

Then it went quiet for a while. No one moved nor spoke, they just continued observing the place. They heard the mellow music that wrapped the venue. A lot were slow dancing. 

"May I?" Cain asked her. 

She was startled for a while. She can't believe this, Cain Montgomery is asking her for a dance?

"Sure," she agreed. 

They didn't enter the ballroom though, they just stayed at the veranda. Laura felt Cain's warm hands on her waist. They chest were so close and she's not even raising her had because one wrong move and their lips will be able to meet each other. 

There's something in her that she felt while she's with Cain. She's as if coming back on her teenage life because of what she's feeling. 

"Relax," Cain whispered on her ear. She can feel his breath, a mixture of honey and menthol. And how did I even know that? She even asked herself. 

Then they started dancing. The whole while, they were staring at each other's eyes. His eyes were glinting with something she cannot decipher but she knows her eyes shows what she really feels.

She averted her gaze from Cain but the guy held her face and gently moved to face him again. "Stop averting your eyes away from mine, those blue eyes looks beautiful." 

"Why are you doing this?" 

Cain fell silent for a while. She felt disappointed so he moved back from the guy. "Are you doing this to aggravate Hiro?" She asked him bitterly.

Cain wasn't answering so she laugh out of bitterness. "Wow, you're a prick." She said and turned her back but she was stopped when someone from the stage spoke.

"Good evening everyone, I hope you're enjoying yourselves. This--" the emcee was interrupted by a video that was played in the huge monitor. Everyone gasped and she felt a ave of shame pouring down on her. She almost tripped but somebody caught her. Cain.

"Hi bunny," the man said in the video. The man was not showed and it was just her wearning nothing with a pole beside her. "Dance, my beautiful courtesan," the man in the video said and laughed.

She knows that voice. She looked around and saw her stepfather grinning at her. He even raised his glass to her as a sign of 'cheers' then left.