Epilogue

Laura was screaming in pain. She didn't know why but he abdomen hurts and it was more than having a dysmenorrhea. It started earlier and at first the pain was bearable but right now, everything she does seems to hurt.

"What is wrong with you?" Hiro asked her, irritated.

She shook her head while tears are streaming down her face. "Hiro, it hurts. Please.. Make it stop..." 

"What's--" Hiro stopped in his tracks and paled when he saw blood gushing out of her thighs. It didn't need for a doctor to realize what's happening to Laura. It was as if the blood flowing down her thighs slapped him with reality that Laura was indeed pregnant and she could be having a miscarriage because of his stupidity.

He took a step back. But a blood curling scream that tore from Laura made him change his mind of escaping. He cursed under his breath and carried Laura in a bridal style.

"Baby, hold on.. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.." Hiro felt his tears flowing rapidly from his eyes to his cheeks. He realized what he has done. "Oh, God. Laura, what have I done?"

"I'm sorry but she lost the baby. She was badly bruised, her body can barely take it. We're still treating her. We'll do what we can."

Hiro felt his knees gave up on him. Laura lost her baby because of him. He killed an innocent life. He knew and he accepted that the baby wasn't his for the baby was almost four weeks old and Laura was with him for only two weeks. He knew Cain was the father of the baby and the guilt was on his shoulders.

He shakily opened his phone and dialed Cain's number. He was sobbing like a kid when Cain answered the phone.

"What is it, Hiro?"

"I'm sorry.. " He started sobbing like a madman. He heard Cain cursed him at the other line. 

"Takashi, what did you do." Cain's voice was coated with anger.

"I'm sorry.." Was the only thing he can say. He dictated the hospital they're at and Cain went silent on the other line. He knew Cain was raging mad but he can't bring himself to be scared. All he was feeling was the guilt and sadness for the death of the innocent baby who did nothing but was the victim of his wrath.

If only cards could fly, Cain would have flown to the hospital where Laura and Hiro was. He was having a bad feeling about this. Hiro was crying so hard that it was unusual and it scared him more than he wants to admit.

When he arrived, he saw Hiro kneeling on the ground while sobbing. His first thought was that something happened to Laura.

"What happened?" He demanded but Hiro Takashi was far from being rational at the moment. A doctor came out of the operating room and he immediately asked for updates about the patient Laura Anderson.

The doctor stared at him before throwing a look in Hiro's way. "Miss Anderson has a miscarriage and we're currently saving her because she was badly bruised that he body seemed to be giving up." 

The doctor explained Laura's condition to him but he cannot forget his words. Miss Anderson had a miscarriage. And the by the way Hiro was crying, he knew immediately he has something to do with this. He had a gut feeling that the baby was his. They didn't use protection on the ship. They were so busy getting to know each other that they forgot that one important thing.

He was consumed with rage that he didn't let the doctor finish speaking and he turned to Hiro and punched him hard. He heard screaming voices in the background but he was seeing red.

"You killed my baby, didn't you?!" He cursed him with every curse word available in the dictionary. "That baby was innocent, damn you! He did nothing wrong!" He felt his tears threatening to fall. It pierced his heart that the baby he never knew existed died even before he knew it was there. And that's all because of the man he treated as a brother. And now, the woman he loves is in a critical condition."