"Stop the video!" she screamed. She doesn't care eve thought she had lost her poise. Other people were laughing at her and othe rlooked at her disgustedly. She felt her tears at bay but no she won't cry. Never again. "Stop the video, I say!" But no one seemed ot listen to her. The only good thing was this was not aired on national television or she would die out of shame. 

She looked at Cain. "Did you do this? "

"What?!" 

"I asked you if you are the one responsible for this!" 

Cain fell quiet again. "I have a copy of that video but I didn't do it. Yes, I'll admit. At first, I planned to--"

She covered her mouth. "Oh my God. Why?!" What did I ever do to you? I've done nothing wrong to you, you have no right! No right, Cain!" She ran afterwards away from Cain. She met Hiro. She expected him to comfort her but instead, he just avoided his gaze as if he doesn't want to know that they were together. She felt broken. She felt as if everyone betrayed her. Yes, she's wicked but she doesn't deserve this.

She looked down and left the place. She's right, right from the start, she doesn't belong on that place. She doesn't belong on the life that she wanted. 

She was the only one who brought shame on her self. 

She remembers what the guy on the video said. "Dance, my beautiful courtesan." Courtesan. Yes, that's what she is. What she was. She might not be a courtesan or a paid woman anymore but she still acts like it.

The reason she toys boys for fun and for money is simply because she was raised to become like that.

 She knows and she remembers the voice of that man in the video. That voice was very familiar. She grew up with that voice her whole life. It as the voice of her step-father

She suddenly remembered her step-father was in the party. She felt sick knowing she accused Cain of something he didn't do. It was her step-father's doings. He wanted to shame her just because she tried so hard to live her life the way she wanted without him. He was still her personal demon. Her living, breathing and walking nightmare.

"I could never shame you that way no matter how evil I am."

She looked around to see who spoke and saw Cain standing. Holding his coat, looking as if he ran just to follow her. She did no answer him and immediately left him.

"Ah!" She screamed when the tumbled down. Her stupid shoes were ruined. Maybe because she was running. She cursed under her breath and removed her shoes. She didn't know the amused face on Cain as he looked at her. It looks like Cain was seeing another person, not the Laura he knows.

"What are you staring at?" She asked and threw her shoes at him.. Cain chuckled.

"Wow, is this the real you?" She just rolled her eyes on him. "So what? I'm tired of pretending to be someone I'm not." she said and stood up, she walked again barefooted. 

"Hey! Put me down!" Laura exclaimed when she felt herself rising from the ground. She looked at Cain who carried her.

"Shut up or I'll drop you." She immediately shut her mouth, afraid that he would really drop her.

They rode Cain's car while the guy quietly drove. She amused herself by looking outside. She wants to forget everything including the shame she had received this day. 

They stopped by a pier which made her confused. "What are we doing here?"

"We'll go fishing, what do you think?" he said sarcastically. A ship arrived the pier. A cruise ship. Cain walked towards it and she followed him.

"Sir, the whole ship is ready." Cain nodded and looked at her. The wind was strong and it was blowing their hair. She was looking at Cain in a whole new light.

"Come with me and let's be plain Cain and Laura." he said and offered her hand for her to hold.

This is it. Hr chance of escape. Her chance to escape the reality and the illusion she created. This is her chance. 

She exhaled and held his hand. Cain smiled genuinely and pulled her toward the ship.

I'll be plain Laura and he'll be just Cain. Minus our social stand in life. It'll be just him and me.