True Colors

READ THIS FIRST!

I’m so happy and inspired with your comments, so keep them coming! ;) The more you comment, the faster I can finish the update.

To those who are asking about where they can buy The Bet, go to “My Works” and then add “All About The Bet” to your Library. The details are posted there.

The song is Inside of You by The Maine.

Thank you so much, and happy reading! =)

******

“How is your relationship with Kyle?”

I’m surprised with his question, I just gape at him.

“So?”

“I don’t have a relationship with him,” I say.

“But I saw the way you looked at him,” Seth says as he wiggles his eyebrows.

Did he? I need to lie. “Maybe you need to go to the optometrist to get your eye checked.”

He smirks.

“Besides you told me earlier that you didn’t know I was with KY,” I say suspiciously.

He laughs. “You’re good,” he says amusedly. “I was just really making sure that you’re not with him.”

I’m a really good actress then.

“Why are you so curious about it?” I ask.

“Kyle and I have the same taste in women.”

I raise my eyebrow. “That doesn’t make any sense.”

He shakes his head. “Are you that slow?”

I scowl at him.

“It means I like you.”

“You’re not funny,” I say dryly.

“I’m serious.”

“You don’t even know me.”

Seth shrugs. “I want to know you better.”

In spite of what he said, I chuckle. Seth is so easy to talk to, in just a few minutes of speaking with him, I already feel at ease like we’ve already been friends for a long time. I know how weird that sounded, but it’s true.

“Why are you laughing?” he asks.

“Because you’re funny.”

He cocks his eyebrow. “I thought I’m not funny?”

I smile. See? He’s really adorable. It’s like talking to Nate and Lance combined.

Stop it.

I don’t even know him. I can’t let his words affect me this much.

But we can be friends, right?

I process that in my head.

Yes, we can be friends, there’s nothing wrong with that.

“Are you hungry?”

“Yes,” I say.  The ride made me hungry; and I haven’t even eaten lunch yet. Actually, I’m starving. “How did you know?”

“I heard your stomach growling.”

“Really?” I ask, embarrassed.

“Wait for me here,” Seth says, standing up from his seat. “I’ll get us something to eat.”