Rekindle

Hola! I hope you’ll like this chapter! Happy new year <3

Song: Somebody To You by The Vamps ft. Demi Lovato

Thank you so much! I appreciate each and every one of you. :)

*****

So there she is.

Apparently, Charlie is a girl.

Of course, what did I expect?

Charlie is a fine young lady. Her blonde hair falls softly on her back, and she has this pretty green eyes.

How did I know?

Let me tell you what happened after Kyle stopped singing in front of the crowd.

Mr. Handsome quickly took notice of the situation. He grabbed Kyle’s attention, and asked him what’s wrong.

Kyle snapped out of his trance and said, “Charlie, it was nice seeing you again.” And the way he smiled, it made me forget that he even smiled at me before their concert.

How he saw her in the middle of a crowd was beyond me. There were thousands of people here, and yet, he saw her.

“Leslie, please don’t leave,” Kyle continued.

Leslie?

I was afraid to look at where he’s staring. It’s stupid, but I’ve never seen him so. . . happy.

“I’m sorry for the sudden pause,” he said, addressing the crowd. “Please enjoy our next song, Charles.”

My God. Charles. Charlie. Leslie.

How didn’t I put two and two together? It was obvious. I should have known. I call myself their number one fan when I didn’t even have an idea about their song.

She’s seventeen and thinks she knows it all

My love, my girl

Let’s travel the world together

Forget about their rules

And create our own

I wonder what it would feel like when the person you love composed a song for you.

I need to know what’s going on. I get anxious being in the dark. Nate and I didn’t get a nice chat after he saw me talking with Kyle. But he understood, right?

As soon as they’re done playing for the night, I grabbed Nate’s arm and took him to one of the vacant rooms backstage. I didn’t even let him rest. When we entered the room, I locked the door behind us.

Nate raised his eyebrow. “Are you going to seduce me?” he asked. “You should have said so. I would gladly come with you.”

“Um, actually, I want to ask you about Charlie.”

“Ah.” Something flickered in his eyes, but before I could say something about it, he said, “Of course, of course.”

“Nate, is this okay with you?” I said hesitantly. “Me asking about Kyle?”

He shrugged. “I don’t mind. Besides, I’m the one who said we should be honest with each other.”

I breathed a sigh of relief. “Thanks for understanding.”

“Will this help you move on?”

“I think so.”

“Okay then,” he said, rubbing his hands together. “Charlie is Kyle’s ex-girlfriend.”