Too Much

Thirteen hours ago

Another road trip with KY.

I’m bursting with happiness.

He told me to pack a bag and bring clothes for an overnight stay. I know a normal girl will question him, but I didn’t.

Maybe I trust him too much.

After preparing my things, toiletries, and clothes, off we go.

I’m back once again in the passenger seat of his car.

“Hi,” I whisper, “it’s been a while.”

I take a deep breath. It smells minty and fresh. I want to roll over and lie, but of course that’s out of the picture.

I know that I shouldn’t overthink because this is KY. Like usual, he’s silent. If I will not start the conversation, he will not speak.

It’s alright though. I’m in happy land.

I sent a message to my mom and sister and greet them a happy thanksgiving. Hopefully I’ll have the courage to see them before the year ends. Of course I didn’t mention where I will be. I haven’t even updated Naomi yet. I’m sure she’ll be surprised.

I know I’m not supposed to be excited to celebrate thanksgiving away from my family, but KY’s family is another story. It’s a fangirl’s dream come true, and I’m not going to waste this opportunity.

“Thanks for inviting me,” I tell KY.

It’s been an hour since we left the house.

“I don’t have a choice.”

I’m taken aback by his answer. He doesn’t have a choice? Of course, he does.

“You could have just left me in the house,” I say. It’s not like I forced him to take me.

“And trust you with it?”

For his information, his bandmates wanted me to go with them. I just declined their offers. Nate even—

Wait, what?

And trust you with it?

So even after all this time, he still doesn’t trust me.

His words cut through me like a knife.

Does he think I’m going to steal something from the house?

And trust you with it?

I may be a liar, but I’m not a thief.

I close my eyes and force my tears to stay at the back of my head.

And trust you with it?

 “Stop the car.”

“Why would I do that?”

“Stop the car,” I say through gritted teeth, clenching my fists on my lap.

“No.”

I unbuckle my seatbelt. “Stop the car!”

KY slams on the brake and stops the car in the middle of the road. He didn’t even park it on the right lane.

“What?” he asks, killing off the engine.

I glance behind to make sure there aren’t any vehicles nearby to run against us.

KY looks like he really doesn’t know why I’m acting this way.