Make Believe

Copyright © 2012 Kimberly Joy Villanueva.

All rights reserved.

Don't copy my story and upload it on another website. That's plagiarism.

The song is Everything Has Changed by Taylor Swift ft. Ed Sheeran. Thank you to everyone who sent me banners! :)

Facebook page on the External Link! Thank you, and happy reading! :)

***********************************************************************************

What am I going to do?

My mom will kill me when she finds out about this. How can I do this to her? How can I do this to myself?

My dreams are crumbling apart because of a stupid mistake. I won't be able to continue my studies anymore because I failed one of my subjects. The dreadful thing about it is it's just a minor subject! But because of a distraction, I realized too late that I was failing it.

I talked to the Dean multiple times and explained but she said that she couldn't give me a second chance. I lost, and now it's time to give opportunity to other students. I don't have a scholarship anymore. The tuition fee in our university is so expensive, and with my mom working as a public middle school teacher, she can't afford to pay for it. Aside from that, I have a sister studying in a private school.

My throat is closing in, a sign that I'm about to cry. I blink my eyes to stop the tears before they fall and put my hand over my mouth to muffle the sound of my sobs.

This is so unfair. How can I be successful if I won't finish my studies? How can I attain my goals? 

Aside from that, I need to find a new place to stay. Only the students are allowed to live in the dorm. And no way I'll come home and tell my mother I failed. Just thinking about it makes me sick. My mom is a good person. Very considerate, even. But when it comes to studies, she's very strict - maybe because she's a teacher. I don't know. But she always expects more from me and my sister.

 I know she wants the best for us. I can't tell her what happened because I don't want her to be disappointed in me. I'll try to come up a plan on what I'm going to do now. Look for a job, probably. Then when I save money, I can enroll again. God, if I'm dreaming, please let me wake up from this nightmare.

I'm dead.

 The only consolation, the only thing that gives me hope is the concert. Infinite Chase, the thing that keeps me going. I'm sure when I see KY and hear his amazing voice, I'll survive. I'm not one to go down without a fight.

On the day of the concert, I wear my most comfortable clothes so that I can move around freely and jump around. I'm going to enjoy and act as if it's my last day because I'm sure, tomorrow I'll be miserable. Pessimist much? No, I'm just realistic. Tomorrow I need to pack my things and search for a temporary place to stay while I look for a job.

My heart beats furiously in my chest as the anticipation of seeing KY increases. In just a few hours, I'll see him. I hope I won't faint.

As usual, I'll be alone in watching the concert (yes, I'm an enthusiast concertgoer). My friends cannot be bothered. They don't know what they're missing. They give me odd stares whenever I speak about Infinite Chase. Actually, they're all what I talk about. I'm not obsessed. It's just. . .

Ever since I heard KY's voice, all I can think about is him. And that started three years ago. I've been a fan from the beginning. Now I can say that I'm in love with him. A beautiful voice. A great personality. A handsome face. What more can I ask for? See, just thinking about him makes me forget my problems. He really is my escape from reality.