Glimpse

• इन्हें समर्पित: Najmallii

Five hours ago

That was the most intense thanksgiving I’ve ever experienced.

And because a lot of thoughts are going in my head, I can’t sleep. I have questions, and I want answers.

Who is Charlie? Why did KY react like that?

Seth knows the answers, but unfortunately, he already left with his parents.

I’m staying in the guest room. KY and I will go home tomorrow. I should be celebrating because I’m at his parents’ house, but here I am, tossing and turning on the bed. My mind is too busy to fall asleep.

I can’t stay still. I need to walk. I get up from the bed and open the door. I’m surprise to see they haven’t left a light on. It’s dark in the hallway.

I’m trying to find the light switch on the wall when I suddenly touch something; like the button of a doorbell.

My eyes widen in surprise when I hear a low screeching sound coming from the ceiling.

I glance up and see a ladder coming in to view. I gape as I watch it descend.

There’s a secret room in this house. The same way there’s a hidden basement in Infinite Chase’s headquarter. How cool is that?

Without thinking twice, I hold on to the banister, and walk up the ladder. It’s wooden, and it only has ten steps.

When I reach the landing, I open the door.

It’s the attic.

I frown. Why is there a need for a hidden attic?

Couches are surrounding the walls. There’s a red velvet carpet on the floor, and an acoustic guitar lying on a pillow.

There’s a telescope on the corner. I remember Stella telling me that her mother likes stars. I’ve never been fascinated with heavenly bodies, but I’d like to go stargazing while my boyfriend sings a song he composed for me.

I’m getting ahead of myself, I know.

I back away slowly because I feel like intruding in a private room. What if Mrs. Swift finds me here, lurking in their house in the middle of the night? That would be embarrassing.

When I’m about to step out, I hear a sound coming from the open window of the attic. Curiosity makes me walk towards it.

What if there are thieves who want to get in the house? I need to make sure that we’re safe. It’s the least that I can do for snooping around.

The window is big enough for me to climb out, and without thinking twice, I step up the ledge. I almost fell off when I see KY sitting on the roof.

KY. Outside. Sitting on their roof.

I squint to make sure.

It’s really him.

I must have made a sound because he stops what he’s doing and glances at me.

I expect for the blow, for his shout, but he just continues to stare. Perhaps I’m used to his bad temper so I always anticipate it. I ready myself so even before he scolds me, I’m prepared.

Without realizing it, I’m waiting for his bad behaviour. And just thinking about it makes me sad.

I never imagined thinking about him this way.

I try to go back, but my legs are shaking. Adrenaline has left me. And now I’m dangling— half of my body is inside the attic, while the other half is holding on to the ledge of the window. I can perfectly see that we’re at the top of the house. If I fall down, I’ll be dead.

Colliding with Fate (Published under Pop Fiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें