19.

CHAPTER | NINETEEN

I scoffed and ran my thumb over my lower lip. "I'm going crazy."

"Join the club." Belle yawned, rubbing the sleep away from eyes. "I have an empty bed in my room since my roommate thought it was a good idea to stab someone in the eye with a spoon."

I gave her a puzzled look at the last part and she waved her hand, turning fully to face me. "She's one of those nut jobs that think the government is spying people through their eyes."

I snapped my mouth closed and looked around the empty garden. It was one those rare sunny, sixty degrees day in the middle of winter.

I sighed and leaned back. Belle sighed too and patted my knee.

"I'm sure it was only a dream. You met Tristian before you started dating Javon. People say that when you dream of someone you know it's because they were thinking of you. Maybe that's what happened there."

"Maybe, I don't know. It's confusing." I said and crossed my arms. "You know Tristian. What can you tell me about him?"

Belle shifted and cleared her throat. "He's... a nice fella."

I nodded, remembering she told me that before. "What else?"

Belle shrugged after a while. "What do you want to know?"

"Anything..." I trailed off and bit my lower lip. "So it is true he had a brother?"

Belle nodded. "He did, but never liked to talk about him."

"Oh. He mentioned him once, but I never asked and he never told so I figured it was one of those sensitive topics."

Belle chuckled. "Yeah, he has a lot of those topics... Have you seen his face?"

I shook my head. "I just know he has a scar and, uh, brown eyes according to my dreams."

Belle hummed and spotted the nurse heading towards us. "Time's up, dear."

"Yeah." I whispered and stood up. I pulled on my sweater and smiled down at Belle who smiled back.

"Visit soon?"

I nodded. "I will. Thank you for listening to me."

"Ah, don't mention it, my dear. It's nice to know you trust me." Belle smiled and held my hand. She stood up and leaned in close to whisper in my ear. "I've also been told that dreams are bits and pieces of your previous life."

I raised an eyebrow at her and Belle gave me a knowing look before she was ushered away by the nurse.

I sighed and looked around once again before heading towards the gates. I wouldn't be surprised if I found myself here in the next few years.

I nodded at the security guard and headed towards busy streets to look for a cab. My phone buzzed in my pocket and I frowned as I had one unread message.

"Weird..." I said to myself as I tapped on the screen.

No one ever messaged me except Javon and Kris, but since neither one was in my life, a message from an unknown number caught me off guard.

I clicked my tongue when it read that it was time to pay for my phone bill. I tucked my phone in my pocket and looked up in time to dodge out of a man's way, but still bumped into his elbow, causing his coffee to sip over his shoes.

"These are new shoes, prick! Watch—Oh. I-I'm sorry." He said when he looked up from his phone.

I instantly recognized him from the other time I bumped into him on my last visit with Belle. I stepped away and held my hands up before dropping them to my sides.