Chapter 11

Note: This is the revised version. Please do not confuse yourself with the comments on the comment section. Thank you.

Chapter 11

"WHAT'S WITH THE sulking face?"

I looked at the man who approached me. Parang gusto ko na lamang maiyak nang makita ko si Symon. Gusto kong isumbong sa kanya ang kanyang kaibigan na nanakit sa akin. "Symon," I mumbled his name.

"I bought some ice cream. Wala naman akong mapapag-share-an kaya share na lang tayo, ah? Ubusin natin ang ice cream na dala ko hanggang sa maging okay ka na."

Sobrang swerte ko simula nang makilala ko si Symon. He is the best friend I never had. Simula nang makilala ko siya, lagi lang siyang nandyan para makinig sa mga kwento ko. Lagi siyang nandyan kkapag kailangan ko ng payo. Higit sa lahat, lagi siyang nandyan para damayan ako.

"You know that I am always here to listen."

Napalingon ako kay Symon at nakita itong abala sa pagkain ng kanyang ice cream. Kahit na wala sa akin ang atensyon niya, I know he meant what he said. "I'm falling for Scarlett," I told him before eating my ice cream as well.

"Did you tell her?"

"No."

"Because...?"

"Paano kung hindi kami pareho nang nararamdaman?" Humarap ako kay Symon. "Paano kung interesado lang siya sa akin dahil hindi ako katulad ng iba na gusto siyang makasama dahil sikat siya sa school? She might have indirectly told me that she likes me but did she even have a girlfriend before? Did she ever show any romantic interest to a person with the same sex as her?"

"How about you, Luna? Did you even have any idea that you will be interested in a person of same-sex?" He finally glanced at me and waited for my reply while he was eating his ice cream. But I couldn't answer. "They said it takes one person to let you know that you might be of interest to someone that belongs to the same sex as you. If you are confused, so is she. This is all new to her, so with you. Plus Scarlett never had a boyfriend before. First love, yes, but she even rejected him."

"You mean Clifford?" I can't help but ask Symon about Clifford.

Symon frowned, surprised that I know something about the guy named Clifford. "How did you know about Cliff? Did she tell you?"

"N-no. I just saw Scarlett one time with a guy, and Lance told me he was her first love." Nakatungo kong paliwanag. Bigla akong nahiya kasi una sa lahat, wala naman akong karapatang magtanong tungkol sa kanila.

"So that explains why you're sulking," Symon teased. "You saw her with him and you knew Clifford was her first love. I see, I see."

"Hindi nakakatuwa, Symon, ah." Nagbabababala kong sabi sa kanya.

Symon just chuckled. Parang wala man lang epekto sa kanya ang pagbabanta ko. "Clifford liked Scarlett, too. He even courted her but Scarlett, surprisingly, rejected him. I don't know if it's because she was afraid to commit or she just loves Clifford but she doesn't want anything else. Or maybe, she was unaware that she doesn't want to commit with a guy, but a girl. Maraming posibleng sagot, Luna. All you need to do is to ask the right person."

"But you probably know something."

"I do, yes," he paused to look at me again. "But I am not the right person to tell you those things you want to know. Ayoko kayong pangunahan lalo kung hindi pa kayo handa. All I can do for both of you is to give you an advice when you need it. If you are confused, then start to figure things out with yourself. Are you ready for this kind of relationship? Are you ready to break your heart again?"