Chapter 1

*Katrina's POV*

I'm running as fast as I can. Not from something, for something. The State Championship Track Race. I'm the fastest runner at my school. I outrun every girl and every boy that wants to race.

People say that my speed, is inhuman. Unnatural. Stuff like that. But for me, I think I was born to run.

"And there goes Katrina Winters with the lead. This looks like a close match between her and Samantha Bowman, ladies and gentlemen." I hear the announcer say. I quickly look behind me and see that my arch rival, Samantha is close on my tail.

I don't know what Sam has against me, but I can tell that I did something to her without even knowing. I run faster and harder. I'm 10 feet away from winning. I quickly check behind me and see that Sam is a little farther behind now.

I reach the finish line and break the ribbon. I stop running and land on my knees to catch my breath. After a couple minutes, I stand back up and I'm surrounded by all my friends and family that came to watch. I hug my parents and my little sister, Lucy. They all congratulate me and I head to the winners circle.

I get my gold medal and stand on the 1st place podium. I see Sam glaring at me as I get my medal. Seriously, what is her problem? What does she have against me?

I push those thoughts aside as I hear everyone cheering my name. My whole school came to watch me. So everyone from my school was cheering my name.

"Katrina! Katrina! Katrina! Katrina!" They chanted. I've won a lot of things in my 18 year old life. Over 60 medals total. It's crazy, but true.

"Alright sweetie, you've had a long day. Let's get you home." My dad says. I feel like I have the biggest connection with my dad. He says that I'm a lot like him when he was younger. He won a lot of medals too. Mom was good too. She got some medals. So you can say that I come from a winning family.

As we are heading to the car, I feel someone's eyes on me. I've been feeling that way for over 6 months. I didn't dare tell anyone for the thought that they would think I'm crazy.

I turn around and see a tall boy standing by the bleachers. All I can make out of his figure is that he has curly hair, his body seems very well built, and that he has paleish skin. I brush it off and catch up with my family.

After a 30 minute drive home, I immediately go up to my bathroom and hop in the shower. After running almost all day, you'd think I'd seem gross. Well, you're right. I smell like a dumpster out side a 'F' graded restaurant.

Yeah, that bad. I turn on the shower and step in when the temperature gets to my liking. I feel relaxed right away. I shampooed and conditioned my hair twice. And I scrubbed my whole body down that I almost rubbed it raw.

After all the scrubbing and almost making my skin raw, I get out of the shower and slip into my pajamas. I dry my hair and step out of the bathroom. I tell my parents goodnight and call it a night.

I don't know why, but every night before I go to bed, I go out on my balcony for about 5 minutes. My house is close to a forest. So I guess I like the view of the forest at night. When I get outside, I look out at my backyard and see a figure standing by my old swing I had hanging on our big tree.

I let out a gasp. It looks like the figure from the Track Race that was standing by the bleachers. I recognized his outline of curly hair and his built body. I back away slowly and re-enter my room. I quickly close my doors that lead out to the balcony and locked them.

I run over to my bed and, like a little kid, hide under my comforter and sheets. I mumble, "Please go away. Please go away. Please go away." like a little kid who thinks a monster lives under their bed.

After about 10 minutes of mumbling, I finally drift off into a deep, dreamless sleep.

****The next morning****

I'm startled awake by my alarm clock. I quickly sit up and turn my alarm clock off. I turn to my dresser and pick out my outfit for the day.

I pick a black t-shirt that has all sorts of different musical instruments on it, a pair of light blue skinny jeans, blue Converse, and my white jacket over my shirt. I keep my makeup light and put my hair in a side braid.

I go down into the kitchen and find my mom cooking breakfast. "Morning mom." I say sitting down at the table.

"Good morning. How do you want your eggs done?" She asks. I always ask for my eggs a different way every time. But this time, I decided to keep it simple.

"Scrambled, please." I say politely. She laughs and nods. The smell of eggs and bacon fill my nostrils. I take a deep breath though my nose and let the scent take over my senses.

My mom brings a plate of scrambled eggs and 3 strips of bacon. I quickly devoured the meal because I was going to be late for school.

"Wow. Hungry much?" My mom says chuckling. I roll my eyes.

"I have to hurry or I'm gonna be late for school." I explain while grabbing my backpack.

"Well ok. I'll see you after school." She says kissing my forehead when I'm about to head out the door.

"Ok. I love you."

"Love you too."

*Harry's POV*

Before you ask, yes I am a vampire.

It is honestly killing me not to just attack her already. I've been watching her for the past 6 months. Creepy, I know. But I'm just so attached to her.

Her name is Katrina Bethany Winters. She was born on May 12th, 1994. Her favorite colors are blue and red. She is 5'5". And she has a mom, dad, and younger sister.

How do I know all of this? I can read her mind. Since vampires have that ability, I can pretty much 'read' everyone that I see. I also have the ability to hurt people without touching them. All through my mind. No one else has my power.

So all together, I have 3 powers. I can read minds, I have super speed, and I can make people feel pain without touching them. It was pretty cool at first. But then, I hurt the love of my life.

We had gotten into an argument. I was so mad that I accidentally used my powers to kill her. When I saw what I had done, I moved far away from there, so I never hurt anyone else I cared for again.

I live with my 4 best mates, Louis, Liam, Niall, and Zayn. Louis and I have know each other since we were 7. Before we became the monsters we are. I met the rest of the boys along the way. I met Liam after my 80th birthday, Niall after my 467th birthday, and Zayn after my 1,850th birthday. I has grown fond of all the boys.

Maybe except Zayn. I've always had an weird feeling when I'm alone with Zayn.

Louis has the ability to see the future, Liam as super strength (greater than the rest of us), Niall as the power to see a person's past, and Zayn, he has the ability to change his appearance.

That's why I think Zayn is so dangerous. Because he can basically change into anyone he wants to and anytime. That's why I haven't given him my full and complete trust with even the littlest of things.

Anyway, back to current events. I'm standing in Katrina's backyard looking up at her balcony. I hear the doors click as they open. The beauty herself walks out and looks out onto the horizon. She looks down at the tree I'm standing by.

Why don't I hide behind it instead of being in plain sight? I don't know. It's kind of thing that I've had to do when I want to scare a human. But I don't want to scare Katrina. I want her to be comfortable around me.

Her eyes lock on mine, but I don't think she notices my eyes since it's dark out. I hear her gasp. She slowly backs into her bedroom and shuts the doors and locks them. As a vampire, I also have supersonic hearing. I hear her mumbling for me to go away like a little kid would when they hear a strange noise in the middle of the night.

I chuckle at her childish action and leave her backyard.

((Hey guys! I hope you guys like this fan-fic. Let me know what you think in the comments. And also remember to vote, share, and follow if you want to.

-Lauren <3 :P ))