𝟓 | 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐬 𝐓𝐨𝐥𝐥

"Naruto, will you stop pacing?" I rub my temples

"Naruto, will you stop pacing?" I rub my temples. "You're making me dizzy."

"Oh, come on," he says. "Kakashi-sensei's been keeping us waiting here forever and you're not annoyed?"

"Of course, I'm annoyed," I say. "I'm just not going to waste my energy getting all bent out of shape about it."

"Well, he's always been like this," Sakura mumbles from beside me. Naruto finally sits down, leaning against the fence of the training grounds.

"Yeah, I know," he says, "but I would've thought he'd grow up by now."

Sakura chuckles. In the same moment, above our heads, Kakashi-sensei finally appears, in a tuft of smoke.

"Sorry to keep you waiting," he says, chuckling apologetically. "I, uh, ran into this poor old lady who needed—""Would you give us a break?!"

"Oh, wow, does this bring back memories."

Naruto's right. The all-too-familiar four posts of our former training grounds. The one our Genin Squad Seven were assigned to. The one our first training session took place in, and the one where we'd failed quite miserably.

"Oh, that's right. This was the sight of your very first training lesson, wasn't it?" Kakashi-sensei says.

"It was Squad Seven," Sakura whispers.

"The four of us together," Naruto murmurs.

"When... Sasuke was still with us," I say, my voice hoarse.

"Sasuke, I..." The corners of my mouth have turned upward.

When the time comes for him to make a decision, you won't see him for a very long time.

"... come home soon, okay?"