𝟏𝟐 | 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞

"Everyone ready?"

"Everyone ready?"

"All set," Kakashi-sensei says.

"Yeah, I got it, don't worry," Naruto adds.

"Then take it away, Sensei; Tobari, keep us steady."

"Of course," is her reply, and she takes us above the branches, levelling her flight out. Kakashi-sensei places his hands together, and shuts his eyes.

"Hey, Sensei, you ready, or what?" Naruto asks him after a minute of him infusing his chakra passes.

"Hold your horses," Kakashi-sensei tells him. "Remember, I don't have as much chakra as the two of you. It's going to take time."

All the while, I've been transferring my own chakra to the both of them. It's difficult, because in order for it to work, you have to convert your chakra into theirs, and doing it for both of them at the same time is no easy task. Kakashi-sensei has had his Sharingan activated ever since we left that cavern. Since he isn't an actual Uchiha, the strain must be greater on him, so by suppling him with my chakra, it briefly takes the strain away. Naruto has enough of his own chakra; however, he'd been at risk of being greatly affected by the Nine-Tail's in his state. He's too emotional; he needed to cool down. Of course, that meant exchanging our chakra, not just transferring mine to him.

"Sensing it is one thing," I say through gritted teeth, "but actually having it is an entirely different ball game for you, huh, Naruto?" I gasp, having taken in too much of the Nine-Tail's chakra, and not outputting my own at the same level.

"You don't have to do that, you know," Naruto says, looking over his shoulder at me. "I'm fine, really!"

"Don't tell me your fine when you're obviously not!" I shout, and by accident, I give him too much of my chakra, and take too much of his, and he yelps. "You have absolutely no control over your emotions or your chakra, and I'm not the pot calling the kettle black here, but seriously! You're horrible! So keep quiet and let me do my job here!"

"All right, all right!"

"So sit still and—oh," I stop short, his words only just registering in my head. "You're actually... listening to me... for once." I beam at him. "What a relief," I breathe. "Kakashi-sensei, are you ready?"

"My preparation's complete," he announces, and when he lowers his hands from his face, he unblocks his Sharingan eye from view, revealing his Mangekyō. "My new Sharingan! Now let's go; Naruto, Kari!"

"Kakashi-sensei..."

"What is it?" he says, glancing over at him.

"Don't sweat it if this doesn't work," Naruto tells him. "'Cause if it doesn't, I'll make sure to settle things once and for all!

"Yeah. I'm sure you will if it comes to that."

"Right."

"Okay, time to give it a try! Both of you, get behind me," he instructs.