𝟔 | 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐬

So far, my favourite chapter

So far, my favourite chapter. I hope it's yours, too.

"You guys have definitely gotten stronger, that's for sure. I would've never dreamed you would snag those bells..."

"Well, what can I say?" Naruto grins cheekily. "Maybe I've finally surpassed you, Sensei."

"Yeah, like that would ever happen," Sakura says with a chuckle. Kakashi-sensei chuckles, as well.

"Well, I'm not over the hill quite yet," our Sensei promises. "In fact, just the other day, I worked out this unbelievable new Jutsu. And let me tell you, you've got to see it to believe it—"

"Oh, man, I completely forgot!" Naruto says, interrupting him. "I haven't had a bowl of ramen from Ichiraku since I got back!"

I gasp. "You're so right," I say, horrified. "I haven't actually eaten anything since I left the Snow two days ago!"

"Now that you mention it, I'm starving!" Sakura adds. "After last night's challenge..."

"Say no more!" Naruto shouts. "Next stop: Ichiraku Ramen!" And he takes off.

"Right!"
"Wait up!"

"I've missed this ramen so much!" Naruto exclaims, nearly salivating on himself.

"And guess who's footing the bill?" Sakura says.

"Sensei!" I answer. "Hey, Kakashi-sensei! Just wanted to let you know you're treating us to ramen tonight!"

"Now come on, let's go!" Sakura calls. "We're starving!"

"Sorry, you guys," he calls back. "I have to compile a new unit dossier for the team and... send it along for filing! So unfortunately," he raises his fingers in front of his face, "I'm out," and disappears.

Naruto gapes after him. "Huh? He split!"

"Dossier, my eye," Sakura grumbles. "He's probably off to finish that book of his."

"What a cheapskate," I say.

"Well, if that's the case... Then Kari's buying!"

"Whoa, what?!" I whirl on him. "Who decided that!?"

"Don't give me that!" Naruto hollers. "You were a big deal back in the Hidden Snow! I heard what they called you!" He suddenly slides toward me, eyeing me suspiciously. "Unless it was a lie?" he adds, and crosses his arms. "Ha! That "Princess of the Yamada Clan" act don't fool me! You probably can't even afford rent! You're probably broke! Fraud! Fraud!"