𝟕 | 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐌𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐒𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐬

I'd been so rattled by last night's events, Naruto had sent me straight into my house, neither of us able to understand what had happened. The exact same man, wearing the exact same mask, and with the Sharingan... Just what could this mean? What involvement did he have with the events that night that he did the day of Naruto's birth?

Going to bed early meant waking up even earlier to sort out the house. There'd been such a thick layer of dust covering all the furniture and the floors, I dreaded it, but it had to be done. I'd released the seals on the tags for my room after taking down my old bed; there was no way I'd still fit it, and I was right. At least it saved me the time of having to cleaning everything.

Naturally, before I'd left three years ago, I'd turned off all the breakers, and unplugged all the appliances, and made sure the fridge was completely empty. Saves energy and money; the food I never ended up using, I'd donated it to the village's orphanage.

I've made a list of the things I need to do, and to be quite frank, I'm exhausted just looking at it. Everything's gotta be done in that order, too, or I'll have to start over. This place is a mess, and until I vacuum, I'm not taking these shoes off!

First things first: dusting.

If I'm gonna dust this place, I'm gonna dust everything to one place per room. There's a lot of dust in this place. I never thought that in three years, so much dust could accumulate here, but there's nothing I can do but clean it. Until it's all clean, I won't stop complaining about it.

I open all the windows on the first floor, and almost instantly, I regret it. I'm in an area of the village where the only life around me is plant life. The closest people to me are Izumo and Kotetsu at the front gates. And because of all this, there's a lot more room for air to gather.

I splutter and gasp, having been struck in the face by a thick pile of dust. I don't know how to react afterwards, so I just stand there, my mouth wide enough to nest flies, taking in the fact that I've been completely covered in years of dust.

"Gross, gross, gross!" I moan and groan, making any noise to express my distaste. I hate cleaning; I hate dirt and I hate dust, and don't even get me started on cleaning blood. It may be on dark clothes, but if you don't get it out properly, you'll always be able to see where it used to be. But the amount of dust in this house is insurmountable. Just... unnecessary.

I sigh. "This is going to be a long day."

Ten hours. Ten hours later, and this house of mine still isn't clean. I've neglected the kitchen and the office, purposely leaving both to the end under the assumption of them being easy tasks to complete. I've never been more wrong. The office is closer to my room, so I decide to clean the kitchen first, wiping down each surface, sweeping the dust out the back door, washing out fridge, and refilling it with the new groceries I'd bought early this morning.