Sink or Swim: Pt.1

✖️✖️✖️✖️

I wait at a park bench in the park just as a dark haired woman- Elizabeth- walked over to me. "See, I told you that you would find me." She said.

"I know you've been watching my friends and their family also. And I know that you know where Chase, Adam, and Bree ran off to." I reply with a sigh, folding my arms across my chest.

Elizabeth stepped closer to me and sat me down on the bench as she sat beside me. "I'll tell you if you come home with me when it's time." She negotiated.

"Why? I don't even know you. All you are to me is just some lady who dropped me off at a lab where I was given a bionic chip in my neck and lived there my first three years and then a family found me and took me in and then you killed them! So, why would I go anywhere with you?" I comment upset.

"Hang on... I only did that to protect you, to give you a chance to find a family that you truly belong in and won't be unappreciated. And, your father and I didn't give you up ever; You ended up here sixteen years ago because someone took you away from us... But if you want to save your friends, you know my terms, Des. Do we have a deal?" She replied gently.

"For how long?" I ask quietly.

"It depends." She answered.

My lip trembled as I breathe in a shaky breath. She wanted to take me away from my family. "Fine. You have yourself a deal." I state hesitantly.

"Good. Now, your friends got onto a cargo ship and now is at these coordinates but still on the ocean. So, be careful when you teleport." Elizabeth told me while writing down the coordinates on a small piece of paper and handed it to me.

"Thank you." I murmur and take the piece of paper while looking at it. She nodded slowly and stood up, squeezing my hand in reassurance and let go while looking up at the sky with slightly watery eyes and smiled a little before disappearing into thin air. 

I sharply inhale, stand up also, and geo-leap to the coordinates, landing not so gracefully on a cargo boat behind some crates, bumping into the boxes and then steadied myself.

"-I had a seagull using my head as a nest." I hear Chase comment on the other side of the crates.

"Where are we headed anyway?" Bree asked curiously.

"No idea. I can't pinpoint our coordinates without GPS locators." Chase answered.

"I bet we're going to Acapulco. That's where all the cruise ships go." Adam replied just as I walk over to them.

"Too bad this isn't a cruise ship." I point out, grinning, "It's a cargo freighter."

They looked at me and then smiled big, hugging me tightly. "How'd you find us, Des? We have our GPS locators turned off." Chase wondered aloud, still having an arm lightly around my shoulders.

"I have resources. And, don't worry. No one knows about your whereabouts but me." I answer. And my birth mother. One thing at a time.

"But, whatever it is, we're on vacation. I'm making the most out of it." Adam continued.

"This is not a vacation. We're hiding from the FBI-" Bree started.