Armed and Dangerous

✖️✖️✖️✖️

I was at the counter in the kitchen while watching Leo look for his phone everywhere in the living room. He lifted up the couch with his bionic arm as Douglas saw and exclaimed, "Hey! What are you doing?"

"Looking for my phone. Perhaps you haven't heard, I'm bionic now." Leo answered proudly.

"Put that down and be-" Douglas started as Leo dropped the couch back down with a thud, "Gentle! Look, I know that bionic arm is fun, but you can't just use it whenever you want."

"Says the guy who makes him open your pickle jars with it when you can't open it yourself." I remark sarcastically as Leo nodded in agreement.

"That was an emergency." Douglas commented. "You can't have a tuna sandwich without a nice Kosher dill." He then slung pickle juice on Leo's face unintentionally as the boy wiped it off. "Having that bionic arm is a huge responsibility, which I thought you could handle."

"Have you met him? This is Leo we're talking about." I state, sarcasm still evident in my tone.

Leo smacked my arm with his non-bionic hand and looked at me while I innocently smile. He pointed back at me, "Oh, Des-" He smiled sarcastically, "Shut it." 

I laugh, saying, "Hey, you know it's true."

"We finally have the government on our side. Do you know what would happen if they found out there was a fifth bionic kid? You don't see D going around and exposing her bionics." Douglas started as I move a platter of chocolate chip cookies over to the counter and eat one.

"I imagine they'd be even more happy." Leo commented.

"Or they would take you and D away and lock me up. And I can't go back to prison." Douglas replied as we look at him, "There was a farewell party, I gave a speech, and it'd just be awkward."

"Yeah, plus you don't see me using mine like that. I don't want to be caught being bionic or the superhero Quake." I add while standing up and walk over to my backpack on the floor near the table and fished out his cell phone and hand it to him. "Here. You told me to hold it. I forgot why."

"Okay, I get it. I'll only use my arm when it's absolutely necessary." Leo assured.

" Leo assured

"Good." Douglas commented, going back over to his sandwich just as a fly started to buzz around the frail boy.

The fly kept bothering Leo as he shot a laser sphere out of his hand accidentally, breaking the large brown rock into pieces. Douglas and I look over at him. "You know, technically that was the fly's fault."