Mission Mania

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Bree and I super speed the last of the civilians out of the forest fire as Bree commented, "All right, that's the last of you, including a very ungrateful grizzly." A bear growled in the distance then. "Oh, shut it!" 

I move back into the fire and put it out by absorbing the fire through my palms and also using my water manipulation. The fire was now put out as I rejoin the trio and Leo, high-fiving them.

"Ah, life is so much better now that we don't have to keep our missions a secret." Adam commented as the crowd gathered around us and we signed autographs for them.

"I know. Now, people can tell us how great we are in our faces!" Leo replied. The crowd began to chant repeatedly, "Quake, Adam, Bree, and Chase!" Leo looked over at us unamused and told the crowd that he helped save them, too as they began to chant repeatedly, "Quake, Adam, Bree, Chase, and that guy!"

***

"So long story short, Donnie put me in charge of developing technology for the academy." Douglas said, walking over to Leo and I and now stood between us. Spin and Bob was watching us as well. "But only on a trial basis."

"Why just a trial basis?" Spin asked curiously.

"I honestly don't know." Douglas innocently answered.

"You tried to annihilate his whole family!" Leo pointed out.

"Come on, you met him. Can you blame me?" Douglas shrugged. Bob walked over to him and patted his shoulder and commented, "Don't worry, big guy, I'm sure you will wipe him out next time."

Douglas looked at him and continued, "The point is, I have the chance to get back into my brother's good graces. So, I've been working in some new devices that are really going to impress Donnie. What do you guys wanna see first? The Stabber 2000? Plague in a bottle? Uh oh, here comes the pencil bazooka." He chuckled while holding a gun with pencils in it. "You can't erase the injuries this thing will cause."

"How would any of those be used at the Academy?" Spin asked.

"How should I know? This one with the questions." Douglas answered with an unamused look towards Spin and walked over to a high-tech chair.

"Look, Dougie, Big D doesn't want violent devices. He wants things that are going to improve our lives, not severely maim us." I point out.

"Well, I don't know if that's in my wheelhouse. I have been destroying things for years, and now I'm supposed to help people?" Douglas complained, "Where did my life go so wrong?"

Leo and I exchange a look as he spoke up towards the man, "Come on, Douglas, you must have something."

"Well, maybe this will work." Douglas commented while walking back over to the tech-y chair and revealed it to us.

"Ooh, Italian furniture, I approve." Leo replied impressed.

"No, it's my lie detector chair. Ya strap somebody into it and you ask them questions. It analyzes their vocal patterns and determines if they're telling the truth." Douglas explained.

"I like it, but do you have a lie detecting hammock?" Bob commented.

"Just try it out." Douglas told him while gesturing to the chair. Bob sat in the seat and looked over at Douglas and asked, "Wait, this thing isn't gonna zap me if I tell a lie, is it?"