Which Father Knows Best?

✖️✖️✖️✖️

Donald, Chase, and I was typing on a cyberdesk, trying to rebuild Bree's chip. "Well, Bree, you smashed your chip so badly, it's useless, but I was able to replicate my brother's original chip, and like my face, it's flawless." Donald said.

"Forget the chip. We need to get the dude a mirror." Leo replied.

"Wait, so I'm actually gonna be bionic again?" Bree asked, hopeful.

"Yeah." Donald said.

"Yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!" Bree replied happily while hugging Davenport.

"Your chip's almost ready." Donald said just as a bell dinged.

"Ooh, snacks are done." Adam replied as we all went over to the machine on the table. I stumble forward, dizziness overwhelming me. I shake my head and lean on Chase who wrapped his arm around the small of my back.

"For the last time, this is not a microwave. It's a chip fabricator." Donald corrected Adam while taking the bionic chip out carefully.

"Hey, call it whatever you want, I'm still making my mini pizzas in here." Adam said.

"Okay, Bree, hop in your capsule and get ready for your new chip." Davenport commented while handing Bree her chip as she entered her capsule. Donald walked over to the desk again and began to type.

"You know, Big D, if this works, maybe you can make a chip for me." Leo commented.

"Please. Your body can't even handle high fiber cereal." I remark, amused, the usual sarcasm in my tone.

"Finally! My best friend speaks!" Leo said, getting up and hugging me, "About time you said a sarcastic comment." He let go and stepped back while I roll my eyes.

I softly laugh, lightly shoving his arm away, and lean my head on Chase's shoulder. Chase looked over at me and grinned as Bree stepped out of her capsule and walked over to us. "So? How does it feel?" Donald asked.

"Like a piece of metal just got jammed into my neck and fused to my nervous system." Bree answered.

"Whoo! Success! All right. Now give it a try, see how it works." Davenport told her.

"Okay." Bree murmured, stretching and then super speed all over the roof and then crashed onto the floor.

"Well, she's still more useful than Chase." Adam commented.

My heart kept skipping a few beats, like heart palpitations. It's been happening a lot since I returned here from my home- and I've been having anxiety attacks at least once or twice a day.

"You know, technically speaking, your bionics are working." Donald said.

"You call this working?!" Bree replied in a distorted, deep voice. She closed her eyes and reopened them, speaking in a high-pitched voice now, "I can't control my Vocal Manipulation. I can't control anything."

"I'm so close. It just needs a few tweaks." Donald replied while putting a tech-y neck brace around her neck.

"No offense, Big D, but if your brother's the one who created her original chip, then maybe we should just call-" Leo started.