Under Siege

✖️✖️✖️✖️

"Welcome to Perry's Paradise Resort. Don't worry about your bags. One of the robot bellhops will get them." Perry commented to her niece as they stepped out of the hydraloop. She clapped her hands as Adam ran over to them and grabbed the suitcase excitedly while responding with, "Ah, yeah, suitcase sled! Whoohoo!" He rolled away and out of the room.

Perry noticed us and both of them walked over to us. "You remember my sweet niece Kerry." She gestured over to the girl with the glasses beside her.

"Guys, she's brought another Perry to the island. Let's go find Davenport and tell him to blow up this island and make a run for it." I remark while leaning towards Chase and Bree who smiled in amusement.

"Shut it, Moore!" Perry said and then continued on what she was saying, "She's staying for the weekend. Give her a room with a view."

Perry handed a Monopoly fifty dollar bill to Chase as he pointed out in annoyance, "This is money from a board game."

"And there's plenty more where that came from." Perry commented as her niece Kerry smiled sweetly and spoke up innocently while moving over to her aunt, "Don't worry, I won't be a bother. You won't even know I'm here. I just want to spend quality time with my favorite Aunt Terry."

"I have been accused of being fun- and of identity theft." Perry replied while looking at the three of us and back at her niece.

"You're not fooling us, Kerry. You act all nice when your aunt's around, and then you go off to trip roller skaters and sell ice packs to the injured." Chase stated.

"My sweet niece would never do that. Everyone knows the roller rink is my turf." Perry replied while looking over at her niece pointedly. Douglas and Leo walked into the main room where we were at as Perry noticed him and launched herself at him, clinging to his arm. "Dougie! Kerry, I'd like you to meet your future uncle, Douglas."

"I've heard all about you. You're the one obsessed with my aunt." Kerry remarked as both of them shook hands.

I stifle back my laughter as Douglas looked over at me and back at the Perrys, saying, "Yeah, she is a, uh... handsome woman."

"Settle down, Romeo. There's kids here." Perry chuckled while leaning over at the spiky haired man as he looked over at me for help. "Come on, help me get her room ready." She stopped at the door to the next room and looked at him.

"Be right there." He chuckled nervously as Perry smiled and walked away. Douglas took off running the other way while grabbing my arm, pulling me with him.

***

Destiny tossed and turned in her bed, a cold sweat dripped down her spine and beaded on her forehead. "It's not my fault..." She murmured in her sleep, the comforter twisting around her legs as she clenched her fist in the sheets tightly.

Destiny watched her family struggle to breathe in front of her, tears in her brown eyes. Her parents and the twins groaned in pain and agony, their hurt screams filled her ears. "You did this! It's your fault, Destiny!" Mary Moore stated with a glare towards the brunette who shook her head as tears fell onto her cheeks.

Grant Moore looked at his adopted daughter and murmured, "You could've done more, Tremors. Why- Why didn't you do more? You could've saved us... You failed us... You failed us!"