One of Us

✖️✖️✖️✖️

I was at the cyberdesk with Douglas when the trio walked into the room

I was at the cyberdesk with Douglas when the trio walked into the room. I was wearing my mentor outfit but with my jacket left unzipped. "Guys, have you seen Leo? He skipped out on training today." Chase spoke up.

"He's in Mission Creek. Janelle had threatened to break up with him if he didn't go and hang out with her." I simply reply.

"I can't believe he skipped training for a girl." Chase muttered.

"You'll understand when you have a girlfriend yourself, Chase." Adam teased.

I smirk in amusement as he looked over at me after his joke. Chase glanced over at me as well then as I look up at the roof, holding back laughter; I walk away and go into the training room just as they bring in S1 who doesn't seem to remember anything that happened. 

"Chase, Douglas, check this out." I comment with a tablet in my hand and showed them her chip's infrastructure to reveal a virus.

"Krane must've made it for emergency measures. If he couldn't control them, then no one could." Douglas replied.

"Wait. We were under the Triton App. Do you think-?" I start just as Chase did a scan on all of the bionic people.

"Every bionic here has the virus, including us- except for Des." Chase finished, all of them looking over at me.

"Which means I must be immune to it for some reason." I add, looking over at Douglas for answers.

"Maybe Krane didn't want to kill you, so he made it where it didn't affect you? Or maybe your healing ability healed the virus?" Douglas suggested to me.

"If I really did heal myself from the virus, then maybe I can heal them as well?" I also suggest.

Bree replied, "You wouldn't be able to use that much power. It could be too much."

"I can do it." I comment confidently, my hands on my hips and dropped my hands to my sides. I back up to the farthest student from the trio and Douglas. "I'm just gonna heal you." I tell him, making my hands glow a dark orange. He nodded hesitantly; I heal him from the virus and then did a scan to make sure it was gone completely- and it was.

I went to the next two and did the same and then moved on to the next group. By the time I reach the trio, I was drained completely and felt like I was going to pass out at any moment. "D, you need to rest now." Douglas told me, hand on my arm to stop me.

"The students are healed." Chase said in amazement while doing a brief scan on their chips.

I hold onto Bree's arm and heal her completely of the virus as well and then move between Adam and Chase, holding onto their shoulders, healing them as well. I scan them and see no more virus. "There. No more virus." I announce proudly, falling a little as Chase caught me being that he was closest to me.

"Now, rest, D." Douglas told me. He always did have a soft spot for me, no matter if he was a good guy or a villain- No matter how much he tried to dislike me, he couldn't. He's like one of those mother hens.

"Yes, Mother." I sarcastically tease. I stand up all the way, weirdly feeling stronger and full of energy. "Except I- don't feel energy-less. In fact, I feel stronger than before."

"What? Impossible. You just used a lot of your power." Douglas replied.

I raise an eyebrow, my hands on my hips as if to prove a point. "I'll prove it. I can walk without being wobbly or even run; I can fight and beat anyone here." I remark confidently.

I take a step back and challenge Bree first, cracking my neck on both sides by rolling it. She laughed a little. "Oh, you're on." Bree said, facing me in a defensive stance. I smirk and comment, "Bring it, Girly." I flip a few times speedily fast and land beside her gracefully, flipping her over on her back faster than she could even move. "She just beat me in less than a second!" Bree told them impressed.

I smiled big, high-fiving Adam and Chase. I went up against Adam next and won in three seconds. Finally, it was against Chase and me- I won that match in about five seconds because I was pulling my punches and taking it easier on him than the other two. What can I say? I have a soft spot towards the hazel eyed boy.

"Dougie, wanna try your luck?" I challenge, still grinning.

"Oh, no, I'm a lover not a fighter." Douglas told me, taking a step back, his hands raised halfway. I fold my arms across my chest and nodded; The trio pulled me into a hug tightly, thanking me for saving their lives- again.

We break apart from the embrace just as the whole building began to tremble and shake; The trio, Douglas, and I exchanged a confused look and glanced around the room. "Des! Is this your doing?" Bree curiously asked.

"No, it's not." I answer, able to feel the vibrations even more than they are due to my earth ability. And it hurts. "Dougie, what's causing this!?" Just as I had asked the question, a purple, with specks of blue and green swirling around it, portal appeared before us. The five of us held onto the cyberdesks as Chase also held my hand tightly. "It's my home!" I shout over the wind, feeling my heart tug at the mention of my home. Chase's hand tightened in our intertwined hands.

The portal closed as a man fell through and landed on our side; I let go of Chase's hand and approach the man laying on his back on the floor. I gasped, my eyes now brimming with water, "Dad." I knelt beside him, my hand on his arm and helped him sit up as he looked around, settling his gaze on me.

"Des." David murmured with a small, relieved smile towards me, still watching me.

I softly laugh and nodded, "You found me." I wrap my arms around his neck as he hugged me as well, his hand on the back of my head. I sighed, closing my eyes, as he did too. The trio and Douglas exchanged a look and watched my father and I reunite.

✖️✖️✖️✖️