14.

Chapter 14

"You can open your eyes now." Lucy said, letting go of me.

I opened one eye, then the other. We were standing outside of the large mansion Aryan had showed me in a dream. It was so much more beautiful in person than in the dream. There was a large lake behind the house and several trees that lined the edge. The house was wider than it was tall. It looked like there were only two floors but looked were deceiving. The porch was a wrap around that had chairs sitting every few feet apart. The shutters and door were painted a dark blue while the house itself was a gray of some shade.

"Welcome to your new home." Lucy said, her hands on her hips.

"We can't stay here." Brayden said, running a hand through his hair. "Someone's going to come looking for us."

"No, they're not."

"I've never seen the hospital on lock down like that before. Have you?" Brayden asked, looking at me.

I shook my head. "Never."

"They're going to have cops searching the area."

Lucy put a hand on Brayden's shoulder. "No one's going to find you."

Brayden shrugged her off and started walking a few feet away. He grabbed my arm along the way. "This is nuts, Julia. They kidnapped us from the hospital. Everyone's probably freaking out because we're gone."

"They didn't kidnap us. I chose to leave and I brought you with me."

"Why would you go with them? Aren't they the one's who've been haunting your dreams?"

I laughed. "It's not like that, Brayden."

"I saw how scared you were, Julia. It was never friendly visits. You can't stay here with them."

I held his gaze and knew he was worried for me. I didn't remember how long he'd been at the hospital but I knew it was all he knew. He wasn't good with the outside world. He wasn't ready for it.

"You don't have to stay." I whispered.

"I'm not leaving you here alone."

I took a deep breath and stared down at my hands. "I can't go back. I'll be in too much trouble and..."

"And what?"

"I won't get to see you. They'll put me on lockdown or give me more drugs or... they'll find some way to turn me into a vegetable so I can't function. I won't even know who I am anymore."

"Julia... I just want you to be safe."

I looked at Lucy and Aryan then back at Brayden. "I don't think I ever will be."

"Then I go where you go."