4: The Lunch Date

A/N: we just hit 1K reads, lovelies! Thank you guys so much for your support :)  

Please do keep an open mind when reading this book because there are different sides of charterers that will come into light. In this chapter you'll see more to the relationship Noah and Madilyn share and you get more of Bruce Vela's charm ;) 

Do hit me up on ask.fm: anha101 

| dedicated to Just_Jae for being one of my first friends on this site and for sticking with me this long | 

ENJOY! 

I stormed into the Golden Quaff, hot-headed and ready for a brawl. I headed into the back, trespassing through the counter which was immediately blocked by a familiar blonde haired boy. I stared at him as angrily as I was and he visibly flinched, stepping backwards but still keeping and arm across the kitchen door.

"I'm sorry, ma'am—"

"Thank you for apologising, dear boy, but I need to kill Noah."

The boy's eyes widened. "I—I can't let you pass, ma'am."

"Jake, is it?" I said looking at his tag. "Look, if I don't tear Noah's head from his body in the next five minutes I am going to be an even more pissed off woman. Would you like to deal with that?"

"Oh God, Mads," came a familiar voice and I stared at Noah who appeared in an apron with a tired expression. "You have to stop beating my employees up."

"Do you see bruises on them?" I asked him seriously.

"Maddie," Noah said sternly. "Is there something you want because I'm busy?"

"You have some explaining to do, mister," I shot back heatedly.

Noah sighed before he turned to the boy. "Jake, go inside and tell Landon to take care of the order while I deal with this...thing."

"Thing?" I exclaimed, not catching the ounce of humour the Noah was trying to inject into the conversation. "I'm a thing now."

"Maddie, you caught me in the wrong time and I swear—"

"What are you going to do? Throw me out?"

Rolling his eyes, Noah grabbed me by the upper arm and dragged me to the side, a few steps away from the kitchen door, where there were stairs leading up to his office. We both went up the stairs with me yelling obscene words and cursing his ungentlemanly behaviour.

"What is your problem, Mads?" Noah asked tiredly, running a hand through his blonde hair.

"You!" I shouted. "You are my problem."

"Care to add on to that?" he asked in a mocking tone.

"You're such an arse to Bruce."

This seemed to stun him for he was silent for a few seconds, blinking as if he couldn't believe what he was hearing. "You're angry with me because I'm an arse to Bruce?" he echoed.