8: Noah Watson's Lover

A/N: to show how much I appreciate you lovelies support I decided to open a cover shop just for the month of June. It's titled 'June Covers' and it's found on my profile and the external link on this update. I look forward to making some covers!

AND I finished writing this book recently! I was wondering if you guys were up for double updates weekly? (*internally screams: I FINISHED WRITING A NOVEL*) 

This chapter, unfortunately, has neither Bruce nor Finn but you can enjoy a whole lot of Noah ;)

| dedicated to dobrienly for being so bloody supportive |

HAPPY READING!

Noah, Riley and I were sprawled across the carpet in the living room, watching the television upside down with our legs propped up against the couch

"This is giving me a headache," Noah groaned.

"Duh," Riley said dramatically—he may have possibly inherited that quirk from me. "The point of the game is to see who gives up first."

"It's rather amusing to see what you definition of fun is," Noah said, sitting up and holing up his hands. "I give up."

"That's no fun," Riley pouted, turning around and sitting straight up on the floor. "You give up. Mum follows and then I'm left looking like an idiot."

"Maybe that's because you are one?"

"Hey, that's my son you're talking to. Nobody gets to call him an idiot but me," I declared, trying to keep the grin off of my face.

"You both are idiots," Riley said, crossing his arms.

I said, "Watch your words, young man. This is your mother you're talking to," just as Noah said, "I wonder where all your free ice-cream will go. Maybe I can actually make more money now."

"I'm the child but you two are the ones that are acting like children!" Riley exclaimed, throwing his hands into the air with frustration.

"Do you hear something?" I asked, turning to Noah with an inquiry look upon my features. "I think I heard a little buzzing noise."

Noah frowned before shaking his head. "No, I didn't hear anything. Maybe it's just an insect that got into the house."

"Probably," I said. "Insects can be annoying. You know, I heard from my dear friend Jiminy Cricket, that insects like to play really strange games so that the adults can get distracted and not notice the time on a school night—"

"You're terrible, Mum," Riley grunted before he stood up. "I'm going to bed now."

"Wait, wait," I said in an airy voice before I grabbed his arm and pulled him down towards me. I smacked a sloppy kiss on his cheek as he moaned, "Ew, Mum!" I hugged him tight, absorbing in his freshness—he had taken a bath half an hour ago—before he wriggled out of my embrace.