10: A Lovers Tiff

A/N: for those who were wondering where Porte Orlands is, it's a fictional town in England, approximately a one-hour drive from London when there's little/mild traffic.

/ dedicated to Srijani for the lover banner up above. It's so perfect! /

So, um *cough cough* this a dramatic chapter. Perhaps it will shed more light upon the characters. Happy reading!

I awoke—alone and confused

I awoke—alone and confused. I looked around me and noticed that I wasn't in my bedroom. I hadn't forgotten what had happened last night but merely sitting here and looking about Bruce's room made me feel giddy and excited again.

I looked to the empty spot beside me and frowned. I wondered where he was. Maybe he was being his usual gentlemanly self and decided to cook us breakfast.

Bruce. Oh shit. Suddenly, last night hit me. It was not what happened last night but rather what I felt, cocooned in the safety and warmth of Bruce's arms before I fell asleep. I had been thinking of blue eyes, a similar pair of eyes that I had loved in my teenage days. 

No, I told myself. Yes, you were thinking of blue eyes and not Bruce's chocolate brown ones but Riley has the same blue eyes. You weren't thinking of Finn. You were thinking of Riley. You miss Riley.

I did miss him. I missed my son. It was only yesterday that I'd seen him but it was the first weekend that he was actually out of the town and living with his father. I never quite thought living and father would be in the same sentence when it came down to Finn and our son but now things were looking up and if I was truly honest I was happy that Riley was getting time to spend with his father.

I frowned, playing with my fingers as I looked down at them. It was a bit unfair. I had cleared up my entire weekend for Riley this semester and now he was spending it at Finn's which was all due to me since I was the one who initiated the weekend plans. Oh God, I was confused myself. I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out what I was really truly feeling about Finn's, Riley's and my situation.

"Why the glum face, Hottie Maddie?" came a gravely smooth voice and I instantly lifted my head to find Bruce standing before me in nothing but boxers that did little to hide his masculinity. Heat blossomed at the base of my neck and creeped up my face as images of last night flashed through my mind.

"This isn't my glum face," I said smilingly. White lies never hurt anyone. "I was just thinking about last night."

"And you regret it?"

I rolled my eyes. "This isn't my glum face," I persisted. "I really was thinking about last night."

"Yeah? What about last night?" Bruce asked, his lips lifting into a sly grin as his brown eyes lit up mischievously.

I held out my hands, beckoning him forward. He placed his hands in mine and I tugged him forward, slithering my hands up his arms, up those muscular biceps and into his soft black hair that my fingers naturally curled into. I came within close proximity to him as he lowered his head, gazed at me through lustful eyes that shot down my spine and ignited the flame that had danced between our bodies last night. "Bruce..." I whispered.