22: Here's To New Beginnings

A/N: *it's getting hot in here, so take off all your clothes* The gif above and that Nelly lyric says it all. Enjoy the chapter, loves! And you get to see Bruce in this final chapter too ;) 

/ This chapter is specially dedicated to my love, beautlies, who has stuck with me from the very beginning, who has been the best supporter I've had on this story, who motivates me to write, who is probably the biggest Minn shipper out there...and the list goes on. Love you, Sevvy!   /

⚠ WARNING: SLIGHTLY MATURE CONTENT 

Friday was the start to the weekend and I may have been starting it with Bruce Vela but I was certainly going to end it with Finn Jackson.

Bruce Vela sat across me, in a grey suit looking ready as ever for work. We agreed to meet at seven, for breakfast and have coffee before we headed our different directions for work. The last time we saw each other was when I hosted Riley's eighth birthday party, and we met for a few brief minutes when we happened to bump into each other at the Golden Quaff.

"It's been a while since we've had coffee together, hasn't it?" Bruce asked, leaning an elbow against the table and taking a sip of his coffee.

"Too long if you ask me," I smiled back and raised my mug to my lips to take a sip of the steaming hot coffee. The hot liquid burned my tongue but I liked the slight sensation against my tongue.

"So, tell me. How are you? How is Riley? Finn? Any news on your relationship?" he raised his eyebrows suggestively.

I laughed, setting my mug down on the table. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Come on. We ended it in April, was it? Or May? And it's nearing the end of November! Tell me, has he proposed? You two already have the getting-to-know-each-other part covered."

My eyes widened and I shook my head rapidly. "Oh God no," I laughed. "We didn't even get together until last Sunday."

His eyebrows raised in both surprise and question. "Finn waited six months to ask you out?"

"No, I waited," I smiled, before meeting those familiar chocolate brown hesitantly. "After you and I ended our relationship I wasn't ready to jump into another one. What we had...it wasn't—"

"Healthy?" Bruce suggested.

"Yeah," I nodded nervously. "Our relationship wasn't healthy and I think I was just scared that if I jumped into a relationship with Finn right after that it would only be more complicated, especially since he and I have this crazy past. And I needed to find myself, I needed to figure out myself. That happened a couple of weeks ago and I've been waiting for the right time, to be sure of myself, if Finn was what I truly wanted."